Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally found something I hate about my Model S - Seat belt 'creak'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine made a weird creak and my SC made a weird rattle noise and the SC spent almost 45 minutes with it to make it stop for me. I'd gone in for something completely unrelated and he also noticed it making the noise and asked if it was annoying me and I said YES so annoying and he said ill take care of it (even though they are literally booked two weeks out for non emergent situations which this wasnt) and I left without the squeak/rattle.

Mine made a weird creak and my SC made a weird rattle noise and the SC spent almost 45 minutes with it to make it stop for me. I'd gone in for something completely unrelated and he also noticed it making the noise and asked if it was annoying me and I said YES so annoying and he said ill take care of it (even though they are literally booked two weeks out for non emergent situations which this wasnt) and I left without the squeak/rattle.

That's awesome service

My seatbelt creak went away on its own too. I had mentioned it to Service and they said they'd have to order parts. By the time I took the car back in for its next appointment, the noise was completely gone. I told them to forget about the repair. I prefer not tearing things apart unnecessarily.

When I took my car in for this last year they fixed it with some cheap-looking, wide, transparent tape. It looks like tape you'd use to tape up cardboard box for shipping. It stopped the creak but it looks pretty crappy. What's this about felt tape inside the b-pillar? Is that hidden from the outside? The tape I have is wrapped around the border of the hole that the belt comes out of.

I have lots of creaking, including the seatbelt. I took the car in and they did the know tape resolution. That appears to fix the creaking from my seatbelt, but I have creaking coming from the dash.

It appears to be more frequent when it's cold vs when the car is hot. So I have to take my car back again to try and resolve the rest of the creaking.

Not certain my squeak is seatbelt, I've certainly suspected it. Talked to service center yesterday and was told they had a service bulletin on driver's door armrest squeaking when pressed. Leaned on it and mine squeaks same as the other squeak I can't locate. Am thinking the entire door panel squeaks where it is mounted to the frame, all around.

Oh, but in the vein of "don't like/hate" the location of window switches on driver's door requires an odd bend of my wrist to reach.

Talked to service center yesterday and was told they had a service bulletin on driver's door armrest squeaking when pressed. Leaned on it and mine squeaks same as the other squeak I can't locate. Am thinking the entire door panel squeaks where it is mounted to the frame, all around.

I've got that... big time. I figured it was due to them pulling the door panel off so many times to fix door handles and wind noise. I'll mention it next time I'm in for service.

I have lots of creaking, including the seatbelt. I took the car in and they did the know tape resolution. That appears to fix the creaking from my seatbelt, but I have creaking coming from the dash.

It appears to be more frequent when it's cold vs when the car is hot. So I have to take my car back again to try and resolve the rest of the creaking.

I had the same issue with a noise that seemed to be coming from the dash and would also get worse in the cold. They installed the tape fix at a couple locations on the Pano roof and haven't heard it since. Also had some creaking coming from the suspension at low speeds, they took care of that last time the car was in.