TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Finally found the ideal coat hanger for the pano roof bow

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by artsci, Apr 23, 2015.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

After two of the plastic coat hangers I bought on Amazon and attached to the pano roof interior cross bar broke (and slid around way too much), I finally got around to installing replacements. This is the junk that broke and annoyingly slid around (black plastic with a felt kind of covering).

21J8dTBDO9L.jpg

The new ones, also purchased on Amazon, are made of stainless steel and they anchor perfectly and firmly onto the metal part of what Tesla calls the panoramic roof bow (the cross bar). They won't slide around, won't break, and don't extend as far into the interior space.

Here are a few photos.

DSC_5939.JPG

DSC_5940.JPG

DSC_5941.JPG

2. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Nice find, thx for sharing

3. rekoh

rekoh Member

4. xy46

xy46 Member

Love this, but the link you shared takes me to a page with plastic hooks that don't look anything like the photos you posted. Searching ebay for Pom Hook or Pom Hook Hanger didn't locate this either. Do you have the actual link to the supplier you purchased your hooks from?

5. Dr.K

Dr.K Member

As a surgeon, not so fast. Stainless hooks facing flesh are dangerous. Holds more risk than garments. My solution is not great but is ok. Small one hanger hook. Plastic. Will hold a week of dress shirts from cleaners. Bobino key clip. image.jpg

6. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Try this.

7. xy46

xy46 Member

This link takes me to a different kind of plastic hook vs the one you show in your photo.

8. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

For the alternative hooks being suggested, it would be appreciated if folks would:

-Supply a picture of how it looks installed?

-Describe how easy it may be to install"

-Any notes about fit (for instance, those over-the-door hooks might have a bit of a wide seating area as compared to the others?)

Thanks for the suggestions...

9. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Try this one.

10. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

Has anyone bought the Evenex hooks? How do they fit?

11. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

12. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

I have a set of the EVAnnex hooks. They work just fine.

13. rekoh

rekoh Member

the EVAnnex hooks are the link I posted. They are camping hooks called POM hooks. You can get them on ebay for cheaper.. here is a photo as well. and a link: 2pcs Pom Hook Hanger Outdoor EDC Tool Backpack Accessory | eBay

The little hook part goes on the headliner - fits PERFECTLY. and the big hook is where you hang your jacket... hook1.JPG

14. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

15. rekoh

rekoh Member

16. tliving

tliving Member

They work great and don't slide around. I've had them for about 6 months and they do the job. Below is a pic with a heavy leather jacket hung on them. For $10 I'm not sure why people are looking for other solutions.
    IMG_4251.jpg

17. JPP

JPP Active Member

So you have these hanging from the headliner and not the pano roof bow--are you worried about tearing/buckling the headliner with too much weight on the hooks? Artsci---does your new solution on the pano bar shift the load to a structural element?

18. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

The EVannex parts specifically recommend putting them in that location. 4 lb. max.

I don't know if it's as loose in anyone else's car, but I wouldn't trust anything hanging from the actual Pano roof bow cover. It wiggles around with even the slightest touch. The headliner is a little bit more sturdy than the cover. Artsci says his go into the metal part of the bow, so they're probably sturdier.

19. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I've got mine hooked around something metal about 1" behind the plastic edge of the bow. I sometimes hook about 10 lbs of dry cleaning stuff on there and didn't want to risk pulling off the bow.