Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally getting solar, and going with Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9 days in from the initial meeting with the tesla rep, and getting my paper copy of the finalized agreement, up next is permits, which should be very quick in my town then off to construction. This is going much faster then what I was expecting it to be hopefully it keeps up the pace!

Reactions: EinSV
Nice I got 3 people to sit with my guy and 2 i know will get it 3 more to go for powerwall!
Actually, I think you count as one of them, for the self-referral to extend the warranty. At least, that's what I'm doing on my solar panel contract. It extends the warranty five years to 25. If you already signed, they should be able to add it, as that takes a while to process, I was told. Needs a contract re-signature down the road, in any case.

So, only two more for the Powerwall, if you have two people guaranteed to sign!

Actually, I think you count as one of them, for the self-referral to extend the warranty. At least, that's what I'm doing on my solar panel contract. It extends the warranty five years to 25. If you already signed, they should be able to add it, as that takes a while to process, I was told. Needs a contract re-signature down the road, in any case.

So, only two more for the Powerwall, if you have two people guaranteed to sign!
I didn't know you could refer yourself how do I go about doing that if I already signed the initial contract not the final

I didn't know you could refer yourself how do I go about doing that if I already signed the initial contract not the final
Talk to your rep. Around here (NoVa) they were calling owners about solar in the first place saying we had this great perk, and that was it, self referral, to get five years more warranty.

I actually got the document in my SolarCity account today to add the extra five years. I think that’s worth more than a PW, depending. :D

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Talk to your rep. Around here (NoVa) they were calling owners about solar in the first place saying we had this great perk, and that was it, self referral, to get five years more warranty.

I actually got the document in my SolarCity account today to add the extra five years. I think that’s worth more than a PW, depending. :D
I will definitely look into this, hopefully my rep doesnt deny me, haha. Thanks alot

Has yours show up in the app or your My Tesla page? We've been asking about it since day one but ours hasn't shown up yet.

Has yours show up in the app or your My Tesla page? We've been asking about it since day one but ours hasn't shown up yet.
Since the paperwork was just yesterday, no. :D And I bet it won't show until the panels are installed. And maybe not until PTO? The cars need to be delivered and signed for, I don't know what the criteria are for a Solar deal. I would assume installation (and the loan active so TE got their money!), at the least.

• Helpful
Reactions: FloridaJohn
Did you guys see this
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...n-solar-facilities-in-9-states-documents.html

I have a quote and design from Tesla as well. So far my energy advisor hasn't been that great. He has no clue about various options available. Basically, doesn't know what he is selling.

I have 2 more quotes, for 8kW, trying to decide now.

If my journey has taught me anything, it is get a BUNCH of quotes. I got 12 quotes for a ~11kw system, and the quotes literally ranged from $27k to $49k, and they were all over the place.

They are installed, after just over a month from the original start, so much faster then I expected! Just waiting for the PTO now woohooo!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180723-165856.jpg
    Screenshot_20180723-165856.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 73