TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Finally got a taste of daily charging

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by David29, May 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. David29

David29 Member

I live in a condo and have been unable, so far, to arrange to charge there. (Working on it, though.) So I rely on public chargers and Superchargers. Sometimes it has been an inconvenient time-waster, especially in winter. It has not colored my appreciation of the Tesla, but it has reduced my pleasure a bit.
    This past weekend, I attended a college reunion. The school has two ChargePoint charging stations, each serving two parking spaces. I was fortunate to snag a space on each of the three days I was there. I was there long enough each day to charge to the limit I set, so I left each night knowing that I had a full charge and would not have to charge again in order to get home and back. (I live about 25 miles from campus, so I was making 50 mile round trips.) I could even have skipped charging for a day or two if I did not manage to get another charging site the next day. (And as a bonus, the charging was free of cost.)
    It was a great feeling to know that I could do the travel I needed without wasting time someplace else to charge. Most EV owners already have this confidence, but I had not experienced it on a daily basis before (even for three days).
    I do have tentative approval to install a charger at my condo, but I still have to jump through some hoops of legal agreements and insurance issues. This one short weekend experience really whetted my appetite to resolve the issues and get my charging station installed!

• Like x 6
  2. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Member

Nice. I think master Kenobi has a fine line for this:
    "You've taken your first step into a larger world."