Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally got a VIN and almost built...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Zage should be on a boat in 2 weeks then, from being told it was built to being loaded on boat was just under 2 weeks, was told today mine has left the US on a vessel... lets hope it doesn't sink..
That will be good for me. They told me the train takes up to 4 weeks and I assumed worst case scenario. What’s the website tracking the ship and how do know what ship to track?!!!

@DJP31 sneaky how ya find that... actually just googled and found the same on the Maersk website, considering my DS said she's enroute today i suspect it could be this one as she left last night.

Virtual Jaffa on its way...

In all honesty, this info has enabled me to track the ship but according to her planned route she's stopping at Norfolk in Virginia not Amsterdam so i wonder if there is a supply stop or something before cross the Atlantic...
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 23.39.26.png
I have a strange OCD about these things so yes i will be watching it daily...

That will be good for me. They told me the train takes up to 4 weeks and I assumed worst case scenario. What’s the website tracking the ship and how do know what ship to track?!!!

Yeah worse case and sods law it will take you 4 weeks but for me "maybe i'm lucky" but was under two weeks, there isnt a 100% way to know which board but i'm told that Tesla use Maersk, as @DJP31 pointed out you can see the schedule on their site, they seems to have a boat leaving once a week so when you get told its been loaded on a boat you can see if any ships have left within a couple days

then you can search for said boat on MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic to see where it is

I'm curious though coz the tracker says the ship I think my MX is on is headed to Norfolk, however, the Maersk Ohio is from that port so i wonder if they head to norfolk for fuel/supplies etc before crossing, i'll be watching to see :) because i'm super sad.

In all honesty, this info has enabled me to track the ship but according to her planned route she's stopping at Norfolk in Virginia not Amsterdam so i wonder if there is a supply stop or something before cross the Atlantic

Yep, a stop at Norfolk before heading across the Atlantic. Once out of radio range you’ll lose track of it until it reappears off Lands End ending up to Antwerp/Rotterdam. If you’re are sad as I was (and another guy on the FB group) we found the Norfolk video cams and tried to see the ship as it arrived. :rolleyes: