Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally, got confirmed P85D delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
takes over a month, I believe actual shipping is less but it need to consolidate shipment. My P85D start production on 1st June, start in transit about late June and actual delivery is 10th August. But I think 85D takes less time since the P85D RHD, factory should have ramped up RHD product of dual motor somewhat. On the bright side, the 85D is bargain, it got P85 (single motor) performance with the FW upgrade rolled out earlier this year at a lower price than P85 and much better range at a lower price tag. Worth the wait

Hi deku, my P85D will be delivered on the same day. Maybe we'll meet at the tesla store.

No clue, let me email him today. My 85D finished production on July 16th.

Edit: DS told me car is on cargo ship already and can move up delivery date to mid Aug.

found out from my ds that the ship will arrive HK on 17th August. Very likely to receive the car before the end of August.

Just like Tesla have to prepare for the delivery, so should you.
Make a checklist and go with a friend or two. Take your time to check the car to ensure there is no damage and ensure everything is in order.
If you are not prepared, you will be too excited and may miss something.

Just like Tesla have to prepare for the delivery, so should you.
Make a checklist and go with a friend or two. Take your time to check the car to ensure there is no damage and ensure everything is in order.
If you are not prepared, you will be too excited and may miss something.

anything to pay special attention? I aware of some : paint finish, door alignment, sunroof glass panel.

What else?

Some members have a checklist which they may send you seperately but I would suggest:

1. Paint finish is the most important, particularly if you have a black which tends to have swirls which can be addressed by proper detailing. You should arrange for paint protection.
2. You need to ensure that you have all the options you ordered (I would be very surprised if anything was missing)
3. sunroof may have leakage but you can't tell from visual inspection.
4. handles alignment.
5. rims are scratch free - these are easy to scratch, particularly the 21 inch rims.
6. glass roof and windscreen edges are not damaged.
7. bring your autopass, they will instal for you.
8. bring a camera to tape the experience and a usb with music to enjoy on the way home.

Enjoy.

left.jpg

I have this gap on the left which is good for a few cables while on the right the gap is good for just one paper card. I suggest you softly touch and move items whenever you see gap making sure it's consistent, symmetrical and reasonable (check showroom car if necesary).