Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally Got FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to let everyone know that I just got FSD so they are currently accepting people. I previously had a 100 score with 2500 miles. After 3 months I decided to opt out for the night and back in to see if resetting everything worked. Maybe something got hung. Today I finally got the download. I didn’t get any type of email like I’ve seen others.

If you are still grinding possibly try resetting your score. I just reset mine 8 days ago. My score before it disappeared was 100% and 0% in all the categories with 256 miles.

Best of luck. Going for a drive!

Reactions: IdaX and Itsuo-DC
Wanted to let everyone know that I just got FSD so they are currently accepting people. I previously had a 100 score with 2500 miles. After 3 months I decided to opt out for the night and back in to see if resetting everything worked. Maybe something got hung. Today I finally got the download. I didn’t get any type of email like I’ve seen others.

If you are still grinding possibly try resetting your score. I just reset mine 8 days ago. My score before it disappeared was 100% and 0% in all the categories with 256 miles.

Best of luck. Going for a drive!
I also just received FSD beta today after waiting 5-6 months with 98-100 scores all the way. So excited! Will try out tonight to check it out! Seems like they started to distribute it again!!

I also just received FSD beta today after waiting 5-6 months with 98-100 scores all the way. So excited! Will try out tonight to check it out! Seems like they started to distribute it again!!
Wow...I'm so sorry that you had to stay with the safety score system for 5-6 months. Tesla really had some bad customer service by still allowing people on the safety score system for so long (since christmas) with no intention of letting new people in till now.

I am in the beta and thoroughly enjoy it, but I had to advise a friend who had bought the full package to opt out of the beta since they weren't adding any one, and they wanted to "enjoy" driving their car...

Last edited:
Reactions: khs8088
Did you mean "Finally Got FSD Beta" ?
Lol exactly. Too late to edit it seems. Kids were distracting me and it was too late.
Yes. I just got it too today.
Congrats!
Congrats! Long time to wait. Hopefully it’s worth the wait. I’m charging my car now then going out for a spin.
Wow...I'm so sorry that you had to stay with the safety score system for 5-6 months. Tesla really had some bad customer service by still allowing people on the safety score system for so long (since christmas) with no intention of letting new people in till now.

I am in the beta and thoroughly enjoy it, but I had to advice a friend who had bought the full package to opt out of the beta since they weren't adding any one, and they wanted to "enjoy" driving their car...
I’ll be enjoying it tonight lol. Did suck having to baby a beast though…

I am doing too much of city driving. I got often cut off or I constantly need to use my brake in congested traffic.
I got my score going down without the possibility to contact Tesla with a video to show that I was not a bad driver.
So I completely lost interest for getting Beta access, I can now drive normally and relax when driving.

I noticed on Youtube that a Beta tester was kicked out after three disconnects.
Honestly this occurs to me quite often too, because I keep my eyes on the road
and often don't notice in time that my screen was flashing. So too much stress for testing FSD.

I got FSD in 2 weeks in Canada. I drove about 3500km. I kept a score of 100% I think people whit a bad score don’t keep safe distance. They think that a safe distance is a few feet from the other car. But it’s not. Besides sometimes after a drive I saw that I had some issues (following, breaking, turns) and I could see the percentage. But I didn’t keep me from having 100 all the way

I think we must have many events to even lose 1 point.

So don’t worry too much. You don’t have to drive like a turtle to keep a good score. But many people think they drive safe. However they make agressive turns, they always driving too close the other cars. They drive nervously or aggressively without knowing it.

I think they have their own definition of driving safe, which is different of the reality.

I got FSD in 2 weeks in Canada. I drove about 3500km. I kept a score of 100% I think people whit a bad score don’t keep safe distance. They think that a safe distance is a few feet from the other car. But it’s not. Besides sometimes after a drive I saw that I had some issues (following, breaking, turns) and I could see the percentage. But I didn’t keep me from having 100 all the way

I think we must have many events to even lose 1 point.

So don’t worry too much. You don’t have to drive like a turtle to keep a good score. But many people think they drive safe. However they make agressive turns, they always driving too close the other cars. They drive nervously or aggressively without knowing it.

I think they have their own definition of driving safe, which is different of the reality.
Any city driving?

I am doing too much of city driving. I got often cut off or I constantly need to use my brake in congested traffic.
I got my score going down without the possibility to contact Tesla with a video to show that I was not a bad driver.
So I completely lost interest for getting Beta access, I can now drive normally and relax when driving.

I noticed on Youtube that a Beta tester was kicked out after three disconnects.
Honestly this occurs to me quite often too, because I keep my eyes on the road
and often don't notice in time that my screen was flashing. So too much stress for testing FSD.
I know how you feel. I always just used AP to get everywhere. Sucks in the city when it’s bumper to bumper.

A question on the red wheel warning - my screen says I have 5 chances. Is that per drive ('P' resets the count), or over the life time?
From my understanding it’s over the life of the beta. Honestly though if you’re not paying attention enough to get a forced disengagement you probably shouldn’t be in the beta. Just using it these last couple days down here in South Florida I need to be attentive.

Any city driving?
Any city driving?
I live in a small town (one of the suburbs of a bigger city at 40 km) where the houses are surrounding a small 400 meters protected mountain. Some houses are located on the hill (up to 60 meters, including mine) Speed limit is from 30 to 40 kmh (We're in Canada, it's metric) there are some sharp turns and not much pavement markings. On my way down, the car was going too fast to take the sharp turns. I had to disengage. I've adjusted the speed to 25-30kmh instead of 40. It was better.

FSD sees most of the obstacles if not all, including opened doors, pedestrians. It doesn't display basketball hoops but I think it sees it.

I thinks most of the time it's taking turns or curves too quickly, sometimes it's very sharp.

That said It's impressive. I wonder if the A.I. is learning from my car or if the algorithms are part of a larger view of things, if I may say. Of course it keeps learning in a way or another, from the neural networks, humans (some complex patterns still too complex or less mathematically "intuitive" even for the neural networks systems to digest) and the videos and some other variables. But I don't know to what extent the information from a specific aera provided by many drivers will have a weight.

It would take another set of algorithms to take into consideration many different areas where driver's behaviors are different. Here people are driving slower than the limit because there're many kids and winding roads.

When I'm crossing another car on a narrow road I think it should react little faster. The other drivers sometimes are probably trying to figure out whether I'll do something to avoid a collision.

However, I like it.

From my understanding it’s over the life of the beta. Honestly though if you’re not paying attention enough to get a forced disengagement you probably shouldn’t be in the beta. Just using it these last couple days down here in South Florida I need to be attentive.
So far, I got two quick ones. Once on the very first drive and definitely not because I was not paying enough attention. But I was very nervous.

The second, also during the first day on the way back. On the red light, it was creeping forward to turn right and I was paying more attention to my left oncoming traffic than holding the wheel or the cabin camera. Hard to trust the system when you've only been using it for 10 mins.

In both times, it was not lack of paying attention, more like lack of experience. Now, I don't make these kind of mistakes.

But strangely, on my screen, it still says no such events have occured. Would that only say that after 5 dings? Or does it show how many dings you have so far?

Reactions: WhiteAdobo
Congratulations to all! Be careful out there!

The silver lining about joining the beta now is that you get to take advantage of all of the improvements. After having it from very early on, I finally had a 20+ mile no intervention drive on a route I had never taken before. It started in the city and then moved to a number of highways before ending out in the suburbs but it was absolutely a progression from where I started with it. Maybe not as improessive as what others may have done with it but totally incredible to experience first person.

My only caution is that after a while you tend to give the Beta more leeway to try things out; because, a lot of the time it will figure things out in ways that are outside of your initial comfort zone, etc.. Be mindful not to be programed by the Beta. It will eventually make a mistake and if you've gotten used to giving it a lot of leeway it can be hard to tell when to intervene--since you're already operating outside of when you would have previously intervened. Not sure if that makes sense but good luck.

The silver lining about joining the beta now is that you get to take advantage of all of the improvements. After having it from very early on, I finally had a 20+ mile no intervention drive on a route I had never taken before. It started in the city and then moved to a number of highways before ending out in the suburbs but it was absolutely a progression from where I started with it. Maybe not as improessive as what others may have done with it but totally incredible to experience first person.

My only caution is that after a while you tend to give the Beta more leeway to try things out; because, a lot of the time it will figure things out in ways that are outside of your initial comfort zone, etc.. Be mindful not to be programed by the Beta. It will eventually make a mistake and if you've gotten used to giving it a lot of leeway it can be hard to tell when to intervene--since you're already operating outside of when you would have previously intervened. Not sure if that makes sense but good luck.
It probably wasn’t a forced disengagement. Was it more you took over and fsd disengaged? Ive had a few cased where mine was confused on the turn and automatically disengaged so I could take over.

Reactions: skipugh

That totally makes sense. I’m excited to be testing it out down in my area because the roads down here are a little difficult.