Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally got my delivery. yay!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered LR7 on 1/14.

• Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

VIN was rejected by my neighbor, he was not planning to pickup. Its a Freemont build.

MVPA was not available even I had the vin assigned, messaged multiple times to my SA and got no response.
TowerCU never responded. Adefi said if I can provide them the MVPA they can do the loan funded same day, but TESLA couldn't provide me the MVPA.
I don't want to miss the delivery so I paid cash, and after I paid, the MVPA showed up next day.

I had a whole list to check prior to pickup, but when I saw the vehicle, I kind of forget everything LOL!!
The battery was 54%, so I inquired about top off, they said take it to the showroom after delivery and they will top off.

I inspect only the visible damages, and glass cracks and other basic stuff, everything seems fine to me.
I guess I will be checking more things this weekend just to be sure.

There were no scratches on the wheel cap, but wheel seems like were rubbed against something. wheel caps where fine.

feel free to ask questions is you have any.
I will post some pictures this weekend.

Congrats on your new TESLA!!!!!. enjoy brother. please share the checklist if possible. Will look for more details over the weekend.
Here are two different checklists. The 2nd one is a nice app for your phone.
But like the OP I mostly forgot all about it during delivery as everything looked so good and I was too excited...LOL

Ordered LR7 on 1/14.

• Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

VIN was rejected by my neighbor, he was not planning to pickup. Its a Freemont build.

MVPA was not available even I had the vin assigned, messaged multiple times to my SA and got no response.
TowerCU never responded. Adefi said if I can provide them the MVPA they can do the loan funded same day, but TESLA couldn't provide me the MVPA.
I don't want to miss the delivery so I paid cash, and after I paid, the MVPA showed up next day.

I had a whole list to check prior to pickup, but when I saw the vehicle, I kind of forget everything LOL!!
The battery was 54%, so I inquired about top off, they said take it to the showroom after delivery and they will top off.

I inspect only the visible damages, and glass cracks and other basic stuff, everything seems fine to me.
I guess I will be checking more things this weekend just to be sure.

There were no scratches on the wheel cap, but wheel seems like were rubbed against something. wheel caps where fine.

feel free to ask questions is you have any.
I will post some pictures this weekend.
Here are pictures I promised.

You ca see the tires are rubbed with something, but the wheel caps where cleaned and had no scratches on it.

There is a SAE J1772 Charging Adapter in the trunk as well as the front tow hinge.

I picked up the car and top up to 97%.
Drove about 190 miles and on 20% battery left. sanitary mode is turned off, climate is off, its cold but car is not warmed to save more battery.
I am trying to find out what is the most mileage I can get removing other factors.

Happy to answer any questions.

Attachments

• delivery-0.jpeg
    delivery-0.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 130
  • delivery-1.jpeg
    delivery-1.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 76
  • delivery-2.jpeg
    delivery-2.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 81
  • delivery-3.jpeg
    delivery-3.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 78
  • delivery-4.jpeg
    delivery-4.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 77
  • delivery-5.jpeg
    delivery-5.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 72
  • delivery-6.jpeg
    delivery-6.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 76
  • delivery-7.jpeg
    delivery-7.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 75
  • delivery-8.jpeg
    delivery-8.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 71
  • delivery-9.jpeg
    delivery-9.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: WyoDude
Here are pictures I promised.

You ca see the tires are rubbed with something, but the wheel caps where cleaned and had no scratches on it.

There is a SAE J1772 Charging Adapter in the trunk as well as the front tow hinge.

I picked up the car and top up to 97%.
Drove about 190 miles and on 20% battery left. sanitary mode is turned off, climate is off, its cold but car is not warmed to save more battery.
I am trying to find out what is the most mileage I can get removing other factors.

Happy to answer any questions.
Why does that mileage sound not normal??

Wanting a 7 seat model would make @Watts_Up's assumption an understandable one I'd say.

Not sure how many 7 seat cars are sold to people without kids. (Another assumption of sorts! 😂 )

I am sorry if might comment could have been maybe affecting someone privacy or not, but I was only looking at the practical aspect.
I was thinking that when the third row seat is open, then you loose almost half of the rer trunk volume.
So if you have a larger number of passengers when travelling, having a Tow Hitch could also allow to install a platform to carry some extra stuff.
It is in fact more efficient for consumption to use a platform behind the car that puting large items on the roof.

I was recently doing some home gardenning and remodeling, and I realized that I would either rent a picku truck or a U-Hall trailer when shopping.
Since I installed a Tow Hitch, using a U-Hall trailer was simpler and cheaper.
Using a trailer was something I would have never thought about when adding a tow hitch to install a bike carrier.

In some countries, like in Europe, it is very common for cars to have a tow hitch, so you can use a trailer when you need to carry extra load,
In those countries pick up trucks are not so popular. I guess because if you have a family you need to have a trunk.
And if you are a type of contractor or repair man, a van is also more common because you can lock your tools and protect from the weather.

Note: I am considering getting a 7-seat Model Y, I don't need to get the extra third row, however I like the fact that the second row has slidding seats.