TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Finally got my hw2 app going. Question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jeffruby, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Member

so use the hell outta tacc. Couldn't wait for ap but no real highways near me. Finally got on one and the icon popped up.

The 50 mph limit is almost a tad dangerous as it's so slow. lol. Understand what they were thinking.

Because I could t go that slow for long, I couldn't figure out what constitutes "holding the steering wheel".

I was touching it at 5 and 7 o'clock positions and got the warning to hold wheel.

Do you have to squeeze it to register? Or is it a touch?

Thx

2. animorph

animorph Member

You have to turn it a little. It senses the resistance to its turning of the wheel.

3. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Member

4. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

On AP1 I rest my hand on the bottom portion of the steering wheel next to the spoke. For me that is very comfortable and since there is naturally some steering wheel movement the weight of my hand on the wheel seems to provide enough resistance. I've never had a warning in several thousand miles of AP driving. Not sure if AP2 is different but I would experiment with a comfortable position with your hand on the wheel and take it from there.

5. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Member

Great tip

6. croman

croman Active Member

That hand resting position works for hw2. I got a couple of the flash warnings initially but autosteer stayed engaged for nine miles of traffic after I started putting my hands on the bottom and lightly gripping.