Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally got my KW V3 installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sports and Comfort adjustable are both based on KW V3. Springs rate of MPP Sport is closest to KW V3. Valving is different in all.
Thank you! I’ve made up my mind but not between either the sport or comfort adjustable. The “comfort” are a non starter because they already cost so much over standard springs, you might as well go with one of the adjustable models.

Yep. Because I see the $1600 option as $1300 more expensive than springs that cost $300 just so ride height can be adjusted. Again, my opinion and not trying to tell anyone else otherwise. Well, not directly ;)
Far from just ride height. The MPP/KW coilovers also have dampers that are tuned for the springs and the lower ride height. Who care about compression and rebound adjustment unless your car is for the track. Daily drivers probably find one setting and leave it there.

I’m installing mine tomorrow in place of the Eibach lowering springs I installed two weeks ago. I will be able to give a back to back comparison.

Far from just ride height. The MPP/KW coilovers also have dampers that are tuned for the springs and the lower ride height. Who care about compression and rebound adjustment unless your car is for the track. Daily drivers probably find one setting and leave it there.

I’m installing mine tomorrow in place of the Eibach lowering springs I installed two weeks ago. I will be able to give a back to back comparison.
Exactly. I could make the same argument for ride height.. once you like the height of the car I don’t see much adjusting. I’m sure MPP has done some great work around rebound and compression but I might not like it and prefer something else and can make those adjustments. They must think there’s a market for people who think like this since they just released the adjustable comfort variant whereas before it was just the sport and non-adjustable comfort.

Waited almost how long?...5 months? to get my M3P KW V3 in Hong Kong.

Don't ask why the wheel gap is so big, they are now on highest setting, so no scrapping to the CF lips. Probably go lower later on. Couldn't fit the MPP rear camber kit as my car has height senor and the kit doesn't come with a bracket for it. =/

what body kit do you have if you don’t mind me asking? Looks absolutely gorgeous, love the diffuser. Any range impact by any chance?

I think they're literally the same thing except that MPP's are t00ned differently? Maybe also some different odds & ends? @MountainPass ?

The closest in our lineup would be the Sports kit. We are sharing damper bodies and forks with KW, but the springs, spring rates, and damper valving are different. Also, customer service is a bit different too! ;)

The closest in our lineup would be the Sports kit. We are sharing damper bodies and forks with KW, but the springs, spring rates, and damper valving are different. Also, customer service is a bit different too! ;)

I live in Hong Kong and MPP is in Canada. Although I ordered their camber kit, it is impossible to get any customer service from here. KW has a local dealership at least it offers 2 yrs warranty and minimal tech support to it.

Waited almost how long?...5 months? to get my M3P KW V3 in Hong Kong.

Don't ask why the wheel gap is so big, they are now on highest setting, so no scrapping to the CF lips. Probably go lower later on. Couldn't fit the MPP rear camber kit as my car has height senor and the kit doesn't come with a bracket for it. =/

20200424_12215262cb2f7ec37c6b31.jpg

20200424_12324203ca5fcbaef18689.jpg

20200424_123831aec51337c01f7cd0.jpg

20200424_130136dcf40ec3ca192503.jpg

Other Model 3 owners
20200424_102553049c7e5f335834a7.jpg

20200424_135933479a08fbacd1c044.jpg
Do you mind sharing how much drop are you settling with? Have you had any ground clearance issues in car parks in Hong Kong? I have ordered these. The shop tells me that I should expect a 30mm (1.2”) drop minimum leaving ground clearance of 100-110mm (4-4.3”). Thanks very much!