Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally I’m a Model 3 owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EB31A491-74F5-4786-8B68-45F0A7D385D0.jpeg
My delivery yesterday at Tesla Auckland (New Zealand) - dressed suitably for the occasion to celebrate the white interior :D my new jeans that won’t leave marks on seats.

Car is in great shape apart from the right-front foglight, which was noted by the delivery-assistant using her iPad. This is one of the first few to arrive in NZ with a white interior. Over the last five weeks, some 350+ cars have been delivered. Huge achievement by the team!

The 225km journey home was a delight, apart from the heavy traffic making it a 3hr+ trip. Having never driven a Model 3 before, I’m delighted with how it rides and handles on the 20” wheels.

-Alex

Congrats! The car looks great. I've been reading about cars finally getting delivered in your country and Australia. Glad it's finally reached you guys. Have fun driving and learning about all the new tech in it (do recommend reading the manual BTW).

Reactions: alexGS
Congrats. Its a fun car to drive.
BTW,when did tesla start building RHD cars?

I’m not sure exactly, but orders for us opened on the last day of May. I think the first cars were delivered at the end of July for England and end of August for us. My car was built August 14th (delivered September 28th) which seems about right to me... takes just under a month for a ship to get here from California.

I loved Elon’s response to a comment on a Twitter - the comment was “whoa, there’s some QC issues right there, steering wheel’s on the wrong side”, Elon’s response: “yeah we accidentally built a bunch of them that way, and they’ve been really popular” :D

-Alex

FC88239E-F765-4CEF-BC76-257851CBA1F7.jpeg

Congratulations! I just picked my Model 3 today as well :)

Nice one! Whereabouts? I had to look up Garland (appears under your name) and actually found there were loads of places named Garland. I live somewhere called Papamoa :)

Funny to think our cars have ‘cousins’ all over the world, but they’re all born in the same place - so far. I now have a life goal to visit Fremont.

-Alex

W
View attachment 460190 My delivery yesterday at Tesla Auckland (New Zealand) - dressed suitably for the occasion to celebrate the white interior :D my new jeans that won’t leave marks on seats.

Car is in great shape apart from the right-front foglight, which was noted by the delivery-assistant using her iPad. This is one of the first few to arrive in NZ with a white interior. Over the last five weeks, some 350+ cars have been delivered. Huge achievement by the team!

The 225km journey home was a delight, apart from the heavy traffic making it a 3hr+ trip. Having never driven a Model 3 before, I’m delighted with how it rides and handles on the 20” wheels.

-Alex
welcome to the club. You will love it

Reactions: alexGS