Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally, I get my Model S tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just made the final payment and will get my Model S 85D tomorrow... What do I need to know?

Looking forward to being more than a lurker in this forum now that I'll actually have my car!
Thats great news, congrats. If you have been a long time lurker I guess you have already got most of your preparation done.

Sorted out what your charging strategy is.
Are you having any protective coatings for paintwork?
Chosen your accessories and ordered with your DS or external supplier?
Considered a dash cam installation, if yes have you sourced a supplier and fitter?
Planned your first road trip.
Downloaded essential apps to your phone?

If not, don't bother with the book just yet. :)

I picked up my car today and it is amazing!

I did a double take, however, when they car I was shown was a 70D instead of the 85D I ordered. They apparently put the wrong take on the car! The software confirmed it was a 85D, however, and they easily swapped the plate for a 85D.

It's hard to see how a car could get much better. I'm looking for an excuse to go for a drive.

I'm picking up tomorrow afternoon. Not sure how the hell I'm going to sleep tonight. Oddly enough, I got a package from my old boss today. He sent a killer Tesla-logo'ed jacket! Wow! I was so thrilled, I called my wife, and she replied, "I know". Apparently he had called her and she was in on it. Wow. Very cool. And it's actually kind of chilly here in FL tonight - it might be in the 40s! That's cold to us natives. :)

I still am trying to think of a name for her. Cerulean, Catalina, Pandora, and Zoe are all in the final . . . Azureal just sounds cool too. Hummm.... I've got to find something to do while I wait another 20 hours!