TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Finally, I get my Model S tomorrow

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SoxFan2004, Mar 20, 2016.

1. SoxFan2004

SoxFan2004 Member

Just made the final payment and will get my Model S 85D tomorrow... What do I need to know?

Looking forward to being more than a lurker in this forum now that I'll actually have my car!

2. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Congratulations! You've got to be excited!!!! I've been lurking for more than a year! I get mine on Tuesday! Be sure to post pictures!

3. CLLACAB

CLLACAB Member

Go find a good book......as you won't get much sleep tonight! Congrats....

4. Festerfeet

Festerfeet Member

Thats great news, congrats. If you have been a long time lurker I guess you have already got most of your preparation done.

Sorted out what your charging strategy is.
    Are you having any protective coatings for paintwork?
    Chosen your accessories and ordered with your DS or external supplier?
    Considered a dash cam installation, if yes have you sourced a supplier and fitter?
    Planned your first road trip.
    Downloaded essential apps to your phone?

If not, don't bother with the book just yet. :)

5. SoxFan2004

SoxFan2004 Member

I picked up my car today and it is amazing!

I did a double take, however, when they car I was shown was a 70D instead of the 85D I ordered. They apparently put the wrong take on the car! The software confirmed it was a 85D, however, and they easily swapped the plate for a 85D.

It's hard to see how a car could get much better. I'm looking for an excuse to go for a drive.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  6. CJPonline

CJPonline Member

I'm expecting to pickup my 90D, late this week or Monday, next. To keep myself occupied, I keep buying various add-ons, rear arm rest, setting appts for Xpel install, etc.

• Like x 1
  7. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

I'm picking up tomorrow afternoon. Not sure how the hell I'm going to sleep tonight. Oddly enough, I got a package from my old boss today. He sent a killer Tesla-logo'ed jacket! Wow! I was so thrilled, I called my wife, and she replied, "I know". Apparently he had called her and she was in on it. Wow. Very cool. And it's actually kind of chilly here in FL tonight - it might be in the 40s! That's cold to us natives. :)

I still am trying to think of a name for her. Cerulean, Catalina, Pandora, and Zoe are all in the final . . . Azureal just sounds cool too. Hummm.... I've got to find something to do while I wait another 20 hours!

8. davidc18

davidc18 Member

Have fun! It's been a long wait.

• Like x 1
  9. dedicatedtek

dedicatedtek Member

I too am anxiously awaiting mine. I've got an electrician coming today to install my Nema 14-50.

• Like x 1
  10. Fanatic1

Fanatic1 Member

If applicable, don't forget to change your electricity rates. In Northern California, The EV-A plan seems to be the best. 11 cents per kWhr for off peak use. Here you're only allowed to change it twice a year.