TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Finally joined the Gang !!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by K_style, Apr 11, 2016.

1. K_style

K_style Member

After pre-ordering 2 Model 3s, I have decided to order a Model S along with it so that my pre-order gets bumped to a priority group. Well, also I didn't like the front end of M3 which convinced my self that it is the right thing to do...

I have been living all over the place but finally settled in Bay area where EV makes perfect sense.
    Cannot wait to get my MS!!!

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  2. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

Nice build.. Congratulations!

are you leasing?

3. K_style

K_style Member

No, I am purchasing it. Don't really believe in lease program unless I am buying an European car..

4. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

I agree with you 100% about (not) leasing.I was just wondering if you were going to get rid of your Model S once the Model 3 arrives.

5. AB4EJ

AB4EJ Member

Good for you!! Keep us posted on how your ordering process goes. I recently ordered MS (very similar to yours), and don't have a delivery date yet. The scuttlebutt is that maybe recent orders (I'm guessing after April 15) get some new features, or face-lift, or something.

6. K_style

K_style Member

God no. haha

I'd much prefer MS over M3. I just don't like the way it looks.... :(

7. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Congrats and welcome to the Tesla family! You are going to love cruising on AP while listening to your high fidelity sound system in your neg gen seats. I preordered 2 Model 3s as well, we'll see what part 2 brings!

8. K_style

K_style Member

Most likely I will cancel one of M3 or hand out to a close friend.

9. Alex D

Alex D Member

Congratulations and welcome on board! Just had my order confirmed last week :)

10. K_style

K_style Member

Thanks !! feels good to be a part of Team Tesla! !

11. Maximus8

Maximus8 Member

Congratulations! How about the pano roof? Are you going to do the factory tour before/after deliver?

12. K_style

K_style Member

Not a big fan of pano roof as a driver. seems it's more for passengers which I don't care about them.. haha
    Besides, pano roof should weight more than hardtop...

Requested for tour but the reservation is 3 month out..

13. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Very nice config and congrats! I love the pano roof. I'm a big guy though so I needed it too haha

• Like x 1
  14. K_style

K_style Member

Thanks !! Wouldn't hard to give you more headroom unless you leave the pano exposed without cover all the time?

15. K_style

K_style Member

"Hardtop"

16. ibdguru23

ibdguru23 Member

Congrats. That's a nice looking blue color on the model S.

17. Maximus8

Maximus8 Member

Yes, I hear you...passengers just add more weight

18. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

In for a penny, in for a pound, eh?

The pano roof does help for forward headroom as well as aft. I'd be in trouble without the additional clearance enabled by the pano. Plus I use coat hooks frequently.

If you're really into clean, accurate sound, consider a Reus Audio upgrade for that factory-upgraded audio. It transfers from car to car so it'll be the last set of components you buy. Ask for Cliff. Easy drive from the Bay Area, plus he'll quite probably be at TMC Connect and could bring the needful, as it were, presuming you're planning to attend in a few months.

Your car won't be ready in time for the Sound of Silence (3rd Annual Black Hills Tesla Rally) in late May, but do pencil it in for next year - it's an absolute must-do event, even if you don't stay at the Rocket Motel where Elon and family stayed, which, in conjunction with a proactive Chamber of Commerce and active Colorado/Wyoming owners clubs, is what started the whole thing. It's also an easy, superchargers all the way road trip, with proximity to more sightseeing than you'll be able to fit in (Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, multiple caves, Needles State Park, and so forth).

In other words, welcome to the club. Whether you do all or none of the above, there is clearly no better car on the planet. Nicely done.

• Like x 1
  19. jmanning

jmanning Member

Welcome !!!!! You may surely get similar reactions from people, it is almost just another car. Unless a person is aware of the company or likes cars in general I have not had many ooh's and ahh's when around town. The first generation 2012 folks surely had a TON of that though.
    Great build, if we didn't get an inventory car yours would have been the one I build, but include the D, we live in New England.

Enjoy the drives where ever you go !!!

20. int32_t

int32_t Tesla Spotter

P.S. I don't mind if you cancel your Model 3 order, I'll get mine sooner! :rolleyes:

• Like x 1