TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

FINALLY!!! Maintenance Plans and Extended Service Agreement

Discussion in 'Model X' started by K-MTG, Feb 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

It's finally available on MyTesla for the X!

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 11.18.34 PM.png

• Informative x 8
    • Like x 2
  2. K-MTG

This is expensive!! Looks like for those of you who already did the annual service got the ~$200 lower Model S price.

$625 for year one!! I prepaid 4 years of service for my Cadillac ELR for $600, which includes everything! So much for the SC is not a profit center.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 11.24.15 PM.png

Attached Files:

3. K-MTG

This is what it was before, this is a significant price increase and it will dissuade a lot of prospective owners from purchasing a Tesla.
    Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 11.36.23 PM.png

• Informative x 2
  4. Phil Seastrand

For me, when I click on the "Next" button on the main MyTesla page, it just waits a second and then refreshes. I don't see the details you showed. Maybe a bug in the web-site?

5. K-MTG

#5 K-MTG, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Yea, it seemed to stop working when I tried going back to it. Good thing I captured some screenshots.

Update - the links are working now!

6. K-MTG

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 12.11.33 AM.png
    And for the extended warranty which just became available, it is $500 more expensive for owners that owned the car for over 180 days. That is our thank you for being early adopters.

Maintenance Plans
    Vehicle Warranty

7. K-MTG

8. K-MTG

And what is drive unit fluid service? Could that be the oily/slimy stuff that is leaking from the front of my car currently??

My Model X is SMOKING???

Attached Files:

9. GoTzillaR

GoTzillaR Member

Where is the terms and conditions? I remember there is a $200 charge per visit for extended warranty on model S.

10. Takamori

Takamori Member

11. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

I think the drive units need some kind of internal lubrication oil. Are those puddles under your front axle?

The only benefit I see from the first year service is the windshield wiper replacement (cost unknown and parts not as easily obtained by us) and the drive unit fluid replacement, which is only offered on the first year of service. Probably to remove any shavings and filings during break in, similar to the short service schedule for an ICE oil change. Tire rotations are N/A for those of us with staggered wheels and directional tires. Multi-point inspections and wheel alignment checks are okay, but I'm not sure what percentage of issues it catches. Kind of expensive for two useful services. I wonder if I could get the second year service with a drive unit fluid replacement since everything else is included in the second year as well.

12. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Wait till they try to charge these fee's to a Model 3 customer who is paying $35k for the car.

13. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

... Shouldn't an EV have LESS maintenance? These whole things boggle my mind. If it ain't broke...
    If/when the car has an issue, I'll bring it in, or fix it myself. Why would you need any of these 'plans'?

• Like x 3
  14. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Thought battery and drive train are already covered by the original 8 year unlimited warranty? is that not true?

• Informative x 1
  15. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

I don't mind the cost of the X warranty -- mostly because I'm afraid of how much a door will cost down the road.

But those service fees are a huge ripoff. Costs way more than an ICE minivan/SUV.

16. travwill

travwill Active Member

Well, technically when you have the extended warranty (ESA), in those extended 4 years it explicitly states you have to service on interval for years 5-8. But, you can not service the first 4 years technically and be fine. It really depends. Our X has been going in for issues this first year and they check it out a decent amount each time it goes in. You can opt likely to do some individuals things (filters/fluids) when needed though or recommended by SC.

17. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

I have my X in since Tue for the 12v battery replacement and the first year service based on mileage. I wonder if they will charge me new rates or rates as of Tue when they took it in :confused:

18. travwill

travwill Active Member

Dang, it is more pricy for the 4 year ESA - especially here where sales tax is 10.25%. I may wait until we move to Texas where it's lower and out of this failing state/city before purchasing it since no rush ;-)

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 8.11.17 AM.png

All the S prices went up also some, and the service plans (which I prefer to just do individually).

19. K-MTG

Yup it is on the front towards the passenger side

20. K-MTG

But did you notice that us early adopters have to pay an extra $500 since we owned the car for over 180 days?? I thought they would offer a waiver since they just announced the extended warranty