Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FINALLY: Midnight silver MX with full Xpel Stealth Wrap!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked her up today. I can not believe how much better the car looks. Turnaround time was 3 days. I was grinning ear to ear the whole way back from the shop. I can not recommend enough TRANSHINE DETAILING in Whittier. Bill and Jesus were AMAZING: so accommodating and patient. Best customer service I've had from anyone in a long time. Full wrap runs from 5K to 6K depending on what extras you get. Here are the contact details: [email protected] or call (562) 693-5619 They are located at 15130 E. Whittier Boulevard, Whittier, CA 90603

Sorry for low quality images, TMC has crazy picture size restrictions.

Attachments

• IMG_7758.JPG
    IMG_7758.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 1,662
  • IMG_7761.JPG
    IMG_7761.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 1,579
  • IMG_7769.PNG
    IMG_7769.PNG
    839.6 KB · Views: 1,626
  • IMG_7770.PNG
    IMG_7770.PNG
    773.2 KB · Views: 1,587
Excellent, thanks for posting! I saw the X this color in Erik and David's video from Denver and thought it looked a lot better than it does on the Tesla website! Might change my mind from Blue... now I can't decide between white and black interior! How do you like the white look?

Excellent, thanks for posting! I saw the X this color in Erik and David's video from Denver and thought it looked a lot better than it does on the Tesla website! Might change my mind from Blue... now I can't decide between white and black interior! How do you like the white look?

Love the white, but go with black. I am getting 3rd seat replaced because of seat tearing. But I have old perforated ultra white seats.

Love the white, but go with black. I am getting 3rd seat replaced because of seat tearing. But I have old perforated ultra white seats.
I have heard the old ones are 'weaker', but that makes sense with the perf. I'm still trying to get a sense of: Are newer leather seats of better construction or not (thicker leather, less wrinking/sagging. Jury is still out based on the last deliveries we've seen here. Perhaps the EOQ ones will help give some more info!

Dark grey of the midnight silver is definitely a good look!

Looks great, and you were that one guy who actually posted pictures! As obvious as that would be. Jokes aside I noticed you painted you had your calipers painted, how much did you pay for that?

I was quoted 600, seemed too much to me.

Looks great, and you were that one guy who actually posted pictures! As obvious as that would be. Jokes aside I noticed you painted you had your calipers painted, how much did you pay for that?

I was quoted 600, seemed too much to me.

Yeah, maybe it's a few vodkas in me to today, but I am not getting the joke (that guy?). In any case, powdercoat and calipers was $1200.

Yeah, maybe it's a few vodkas in me to today, but I am not getting the joke (that guy?). In any case, powdercoat and calipers was $1200.
A lot of the time people post about cool modifications, and post one bad picture or nothing at all. Nice to see you didn't follow suit.

Do you no\t know how much the cost of just the calipers are?

Picked her up today. I can not believe how much better the car looks. Turnaround time was 3 days. I was grinning ear to ear the whole way back from the shop. I can not recommend enough TRANSHINE DETAILING in Whittier. Bill and Jesus were AMAZING: so accommodating and patient. Best customer service I've had from anyone in a long time. Full wrap runs from 5K to 6K depending on what extras you get. Here are the contact details: [email protected] or call (562) 693-5619 They are located at 15130 E. Whittier Boulevard, Whittier, CA 90603

Sorry for low quality images, TMC has crazy picture size restrictions.
Praise Jesus (and Bill), that looks amazing.

• Funny
Reactions: Carl and rjdoc74
Probably a stupid question - but, you had a factory silver metallic color and then applied xpel stealth? I thought that was to protect factory matte finishes. Did your installer use pre-cut pieces or coat and then cut? Is that xpel stealth different from xpel clear bra. Also, did you apply any Gtechniq Crystal Serum? The look is awesome - I want to replicate that in the A.

Hi All. I have a midnight wrap and some comments to share.

The gorgeous work was done by Tim at Adonis Detail in San Diego. As many here have posted, he's fantastic. 6 stars.

The side-by-sides offer a comparison for those considering a wrap. I think Midnight Silver looks great in stealth.

I was on the fence about wrapping. No longer. I drive and park with more confidence and no longer fear my kids going into the garage unsupervised.

I like my glossy seatbacks but had them wrapped in clear. If you have glossy and kids with feet, it's a must.

RPM Tesla provided the carbon fiber sticker for the one rear chrome piece I did. I installed it (very easy).

I didn't delete anything else b/c I'm too old to pull it off and it's not my style anyway. This is a family car, which is why I have 7 seats and selected the 100D. I don't need to go fast, but 300 miles is great (actually, 305!). The wrap is for protection, not attention, but it does grab some and I certainly don't mind.

I have a black CA plate (no pic) and I think it's worth the $50 for a black or grey car. I'm probably done messing with the exterior for now. No tint needed. Might buy a cubby though.

I went with an unusual badge setup to get some customization and simplify the rear. Curious what people think about my choice here. I still could swap the red D for silver. The blank rears are nice, but I'm not a 60 pretending to be a P100D (or a P100D trying to avoid races?). The other pic shows why some customization is nice. It's not unusual to find myself surrounded by Tesla family members here in San Diego.

-Dinosaver