Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FINALLY: Midnight silver MX with full Xpel Stealth Wrap!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The process of applying XPEL Stealth began today and here's a few photos for those who are interested...chrome will be foiled black after the PPF is applied. The work is being done by NVN Motorworks in dubai.

View attachment 236004 View attachment 236005 View attachment 236006

Are they going to wrap around the edges where possible or just stop at the outside edge of the panel?

My first wrap was non-wrapped, which held up well for a year, but the edges were slightly visible. My current car has edges wrapped, and this requires some "cuts" to allow for rounded corners.

Are they going to wrap around the edges where possible or just stop at the outside edge of the panel?

They are wrapping some edges and not others. Based on their experience they do a mix by modifying the standard XPEL templates in AutoCAD. The harsh summers in Dubai can cause wrapped edges to peel off even if they do relief cuts.

These guys wrap 4-5 cars a week, mostly Italian and other European exotics and are a bit conservative in their approach...especially when it comes to having blades near the paintwork.

IMG_5077.JPG
IMG_5076.JPG

"Done at last! I promise not to hijack this post with any more photos after this."

Please hijack away! Looks awesome! My X is plain old black - can I put this Midnight Silver on mine as well or do I gotta go with grey? I have had it about a year and planning to keep it a good long time...

My X is plain old black - can I put this Midnight Silver on mine as well or do I gotta go with grey? I have had it about a year and planning to keep it a good long time...

XPEL Stealth is the paint protection film I used. It is semi transparent and just adds a matte finish to whatever your paint color is underneath. In your case, your car would be matte black rather than glossy black, with the added protection to the paint that the film provides. It does not change the color of the car. There are other wraps that can change the color of the car as well.

Reactions: XPEL