Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally, Model Y Added to Tesla Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Impaler

'20 MY LR Black/Black, 20" induction w/FSD
Jul 5, 2020
USA
Hey gang,
just checked the Tesla Shop this morning - and they finally added a main link from the page to the Model Y accessories page. Maybe they were waiting for enough stuff to become available, but it was noticeable to me that it wasn't listed until just now. You could always get to the Model Y accessories page from the hamburger menu on the top right, but no image link from the main page was included. Nothing big, but a noticeable add.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 05.20.39.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 05.20.39.png
    358.9 KB · Views: 89
Still waiting on the Tesla branded Weather Tech floor liners like they have for the Model 3. Figured they would be out by now as it's fall, soon to be winter, in North America.

FWIW, I had WeatherTech full coverage in my Q5 and now have the Tesmanian mats in my MY, and the Tesmanians are every bit as good if not better. They're on sale right now.

Hey gang,
just checked the Tesla Shop this morning - and they finally added a main link from the page to the Model Y accessories page. Maybe they were waiting for enough stuff to become available, but it was noticeable to me that it wasn't listed until just now. You could always get to the Model Y accessories page from the hamburger menu on the top right, but no image link from the main page was included. Nothing big, but a noticeable add.
Love the picture they used.

It more likely would be the rear one since that’s usually where most people put the [single] included frame. The Tesla shop sells them for the Model 3 but doesn’t stock them yet for the Model Y...
O ye of little faith. It took me 10 seconds to find the Model Y front license plate mount for sale on eBay. New in package, price $27.99 including shipping. Do I need to provide a link?

Is this not the front license plate mount for the Model Y? Tesla Model Y Front License Plate Official Mount Holder Bracket - FREE SHIPPING | eBay

What about this one? (kind of expensive don't you think?) Tesla Front License Plate Mount And Model Y Frame | eBay

The first one is not it. The second one does include the frame... but $70 is killer considering Tesla sells the model 3 version for $40 and that likely is already hugely marked up from what that part actually costs to make. (It’s a polished metal frame, that’s probably $10)

Still waiting on the Tesla branded Weather Tech floor liners like they have for the Model 3. Figured they would be out by now as it's fall, soon to be winter, in North America.

Knock Off design, I purchased
'Mixsuper TPE Floor Mat Custom Fit for 2020 Tesla Model Y 2021 All Weather Heavy Duty Durable Odorless Carpet Liner Set'
for $124 Amazon Prime (no shipping to Alaska). Not as good quality as WeatherTech, but will do for this winter.

The first one is not it. The second one does include the frame... but $70 is killer considering Tesla sells the model 3 version for $40 and that likely is already hugely marked up from what that part actually costs to make. (It’s a polished metal frame, that’s probably $10)
So I just checked to see what I received with my Model Y back in June. The Service Center installed the rear license plate mount and metal frame with a temporary tag. I received a black plastic license plate mount with 3 strips of double sided tape, also a small bag with 4 license plate screws for installing the front license plate. I did not receive a separate license plate frame, either black plastic or metal, for the front plate. I never used the front mount because I prefer my SnapPlate mount for the front license plate (required in Maryland.) If what you seek is the front black plastic mount for the license plate for the Model Y send me a PM and we can do a deal.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jsight and EveryAmp