Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally, Model Y Added to Tesla Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just checked to see what I received with my Model Y back in June. The Service Center installed the rear license plate mount and metal frame with a temporary tag. I received a black plastic license plate mount with 3 strips of double sided tape, also a small bag with 4 license plate screws for installing the front license plate. I did not receive a separate license plate frame, either black plastic or metal, for the front plate. I never used the front mount because I prefer my SnapPlate mount for the front license plate (required in Maryland.) If what you seek is the front black plastic mount for the license plate for the Model Y send me a PM and we can do a deal.
Nope, it’s that silver brushed metal frame I want. I’ve got a SnapPlate as well and just feel like it highlights the plate just being slapped on there. The frame feels like it would make the plate “fit” the car a bit better by being classy and not the thin stamped sheet metal look.

Nope, it’s that silver brushed metal frame I want. I’ve got a SnapPlate as well and just feel like it highlights the plate just being slapped on there. The frame feels like it would make the plate “fit” the car a bit better by being classy and not the thin stamped sheet metal look.
I know you said brushed metal but I can say we are using this satin black on our white Y with SnapPlate and think it has a nice finished look.
Satin Black License Plate Frames
You can use coupon code "LivingTesla" for a discount as well.
image001.png

Got it. My Model Y is pearl white multicoat; the standard Maryland license plate is also white so my front license plate appears to blend in with the Model Y as it floats just off, below the front bumper.

I know you said brushed metal but I can say we are using this satin black on our white Y with SnapPlate and think it has a nice finished look.
Satin Black License Plate Frames
You can use coupon code "LivingTesla" for a discount as well.View attachment 610375

I actually saw that last night when looking at the blue premium rear underseat lights (finally in stock!), but since I’ve already got a silver in the rear I would need to buy two of those. Even with the discount I’m getting close to rip off eBay territory for an official silver Tesla one. If you’ve got contacts with Abstract Ocean you should reach out and see if they would consider offering it in the same OEM brushed silver finish that comes with the cars. Absolutely would pick them over Tesla to purchase it from. (I assume Tesla will eventually add it to their shop).

Reactions: pete8314
I actually saw that last night when looking at the blue premium rear underseat lights (finally in stock!), but since I’ve already got a silver in the rear I would need to buy two of those. Even with the discount I’m getting close to rip off eBay territory for an official silver Tesla one. If you’ve got contacts with Abstract Ocean you should reach out and see if they would consider offering it in the same OEM brushed silver finish that comes with the cars. Absolutely would pick them over Tesla to purchase it from. (I assume Tesla will eventually add it to their shop).
I'll pass it along. Have you tried asking service for one, even to purchase? Just because its not on the website doesn't mean they are opposed to selling you one. May even just give it to you.

I'll pass it along. Have you tried asking service for one, even to purchase? Just because its not on the website doesn't mean they are opposed to selling you one. May even just give it to you.
Service is 2.5 hours away, if I had a reason to drive there and back I certainly would drop in and ask, but a 5 hour round trip is just a bit more than I want to do for a license plate frame :p

Thanks @LivingTesla for the heads-up on this.

Unfortunately this would probably over-step the line in the sand we’ve drawn with Tesla (in our heads, not officially!). We don’t manufacture anything that they already sell, unless we got their first, so although we could easily undercut their sell-price, we’re not comfortable doing that; same reason we don’t just stick their logo on a cap or mug and call it done, we’re trying to add value to the brand, not just make a quick buck off it.