TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Finally ordered my Model X

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by sleepnclass, Sep 2, 2018.

  1. sleepnclass

    sleepnclass Member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2018
    Messages:
    52
    Location:
    Chicago
    Started 24hour test drive and put down the $2,500 deposit and placed order: Aug 29, 2018.

    -At this time the order was for a
    Blue/white P100D Model X.

    -The 24 hour test drive was amazing and I highly recommend it. I miss the car so much. It was a 100D gray in white interior. I loved it so much. It didn’t even have the premium upgrades package. But it didn’t matter the car was beautiful.

    August 30 I returned my 24 hour test drive to Westmont, almost in tears. I didn’t want to give it back. We finalized my order for a gray with white interior p100d.

    September 1, 2018: I confirmed my final order, which is:

    P100D Model X
    Carbon Sonic Wheels
    Black interior
    Six Seat Config
    Enhanced Autopilot.

    September 2, 2018: got my VIN at like 03:00. I’m very excited. I ordered both the 4 year maintenance and 4 extended service agreements.

    I also ordered the Model X all weather matts, coat hooks and sunshades from Tesla.

    I’m so excited. I can hardly contain it.

    So one thing I’m confused about is the next step section in my Tesla account. I was gonna call for clarification. Because I ordered at the Westmont, IL Tesla I made the order with them and some of things show up weird but I’m excited!! I hope I get the car in September like Tesla’s design studio claims.
     
    • Like x 4
    • Love x 4
  2. LoveEV

    LoveEV Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2018
    Messages:
    202
    Location:
    Earth but soon Mars!
    Congrats you are going to love it!
     
    • Like x 1
  3. Ormond

    Ormond Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2016
    Messages:
    650
    Location:
    Central Florida
    I'm looking forward to seeing your delivery photos!
     
    • Like x 1
  4. Leopold Stotch

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2017
    Messages:
    152
    Location:
    Calgary, AB
    Best purchase ever!
     
    • Like x 1
  5. P85_DA

    P85_DA Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,009
    Location:
    CA
    Nice setup !!
     
    • Like x 1
  6. KBmx

    KBmx New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2018
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    West Des Moines
    Nice!! I just ordered mine too. So excited to get it in late September.
     
    • Like x 2
  7. tpham07

    tpham07 Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2017
    Messages:
    1,941
    Location:
    Rhode Island
    if the late september delivery can be guaranteed im ordering sept 4th.
     
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. callmehere

    callmehere Member

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2013
    Messages:
    93
    Location:
    SoCal
    tpham i thought you already had or already ordered an X?
     
  9. tpham07

    tpham07 Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2017
    Messages:
    1,941
    Location:
    Rhode Island
    nope i've been delaying the purchase because i entered a tesla raffle to be drawn tomorrow and i figured it would be silly if i bought a new tesla then won another one. haha.

    I can see how you'd be confused though, i do pretend i know everything about a model x, but then again i probably know more than a lot ;)
     
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. callmehere

    callmehere Member

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2013
    Messages:
    93
    Location:
    SoCal
    good luck on the raffle
     
    • Like x 1
  11. sleepnclass

    sleepnclass Member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2018
    Messages:
    52
    Location:
    Chicago
    Oh nice! I wonder how close our VINS are.
     
  12. sleepnclass

    sleepnclass Member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2018
    Messages:
    52
    Location:
    Chicago
    Nice! What will you be ordering
     
  13. tpham07

    tpham07 Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2017
    Messages:
    1,941
    Location:
    Rhode Island
    Sold Black, White Interior, EAP, 7 Seat.

    70% chance 100D, 30% 75D. we'll see
     
    • Love x 1
  14. sleepnclass

    sleepnclass Member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2018
    Messages:
    52
    Location:
    Chicago
    That’s great!
     
  15. tpham07

    tpham07 Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2017
    Messages:
    1,941
    Location:
    Rhode Island
    Didn't win the raffle, whatever, so i ordered. Will be confirmed Sept 6th, still showing late septemnber delivery. i'd like to see this happen hahahaha
     
    • Love x 3
  16. K3Man

    K3Man Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2018
    Messages:
    144
    Location:
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Congrats! ... Oh, wait! Sorry.

    Wait!.... Uhm.....

    ;)

     
    • Funny x 1
  17. P85_DA

    P85_DA Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,009
    Location:
    CA
    Can’t wait for that delivery post ;):eek:
     
    • Like x 1
  18. tpham07

    tpham07 Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2017
    Messages:
    1,941
    Location:
    Rhode Island
    alright time to go starve for the next month so i can afford the clearguard nano hahahaha
     
    • Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. TexasRat

    TexasRat Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2018
    Messages:
    570
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    Incredibly ECSTATIC about my PPF + ceramic. Easiest car care I've ever had, and it looks amazing all the time. Slap the ceramic on top of that wrap! Just starve for another week or two to make it happen ;)
     
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  20. sleepnclass

    sleepnclass Member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2018
    Messages:
    52
    Location:
    Chicago
    I’m new to the ceramic wax and wrapping. Anyone want to explain it to me like I’m 5?
     
    • Like x 1

Share This Page

  • About Us

    Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.
  • Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.


    SUPPORT TMC