Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally ordered my MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DS contacted me by email to inform me that my delivery expectation is between July 23-30... Pretty exciting.

Mickie... How's your delivery going? Are you still set on financing?
Miggz, good to hear! I'm still slated for late July, early August.

I'm 90% sure I'm sticking with financing. I just can't find any real benefit to leasing outside if I want to keep 10k in my pocket come delivery time. I'm more comfortable recouping some of my money if I want to sell opposed to throwing it all away.

How about you? Which route are you resting on?

Miggz, good to hear! I'm still slated for late July, early August.

I'm 90% sure I'm sticking with financing. I just can't find any real benefit to leasing outside if I want to keep 10k in my pocket come delivery time. I'm more comfortable recouping some of my money if I want to sell opposed to throwing it all away.

How about you? Which route are you resting on?

We're financing, and already turned in our purchase agreement to Alliant... I just had my inspection for my Volt and will be returning it in a couple weeks. Feeling like I was just renting the car all this time with nothing to show for it. I still have to pay a disposition fee, some other charges like tires, and worried that they dont charge me for paint chipping on the bumper. Coming up with extra $$$ just to return the car sucks.

We're financing, and already turned in our purchase agreement to Alliant... I just had my inspection for my Volt and will be returning it in a couple weeks. Feeling like I was just renting the car all this time with nothing to show for it. I still have to pay a disposition fee, some other charges like tires, and worried that they dont charge me for paint chipping on the bumper. Coming up with extra $$$ just to return the car sucks.
Gross. I really believe given these Tesla scenarios financing gives the best of both worlds without those lease hold backs. And +1 to ownership sentiments.

I'm going to run my personal scenario past other members in a dedicated post just to exercise due diligence and to see if I missed any aspect, but I think we're doing the sensible thing here, given all the facts and variables.

Don't forget that once you get your Tesla, you may drive WAY more than you expected and circumstances in your life may change which require you to drive more. I lease my current BMW and Mercedes, but will never go that route again. I'm going to be 10k over in miles on the BMW and find myself trying to minimize the driving in the Mercedes so that we don't go over on miles on that one too. Hate that feeling. Plus, I'd like to get rid of both early, but it's a royal PITA trying to transfer your lease. I've got them listed on both leasetrader.com and swapalease.com, but no bites so far. Seems very difficult.

Even with the business deductions for leasing (which for me are minimal since I don't use the car significantly for business), financing seems like a better option. And I got the 1.49% rate through Alliant as well, which really seals the deal.

• Informative
Reactions: Mickie
Gross. I really believe given these Tesla scenarios financing gives the best of both worlds without those lease hold backs. And +1 to ownership sentiments.

I'm going to run my personal scenario past other members in a dedicated post just to exercise due diligence and to see if I missed any aspect, but I think we're doing the sensible thing here, given all the facts and variables.

Also dont forget about Tesla adding that $7500 tax credit, if you do decide to buyout your lease at the end... I'll just finance it, if the car some how drop in value. I dont mind just keeping it in the long run.

Will say I'm still leasing, but only as the difference between lease payments vs financing is substantial (~$300/mo) based on what I can put down when I take delivery. And that difference will be going into savings towards the future vehicle when the lease ends... and with the speed that the tech is changing and the likelihood of the M3 being available at the end of the lease...

Honestly, I had planned to save longer; however, I have a VW TDI and want to get rid of it ASAP and be done with ICE vehicles post the TDI scandal so the slight financial loss leasing is worth it to me to get on an EV & into a Tesla that for me is borderline buying an entertainment device.

Officially placed my order last night!!!!

S60
Solid black
Pano roof
Black next gen seats
Autopilot
Premium Upgrade package
19in slipstreams

Congratulations Cnasty! I received my S70 ten days ago and keep trying to think of excuses to drive it. Have about 1,000 miles on it so far, on my way to 500,000 (I hope). Only downside I can think of so far is that the windshield wiper fluid doesn't automatically refill itself.

• Funny
Reactions: Model S M.D.
Congratulations Cnasty! I received my S70 ten days ago and keep trying to think of excuses to drive it. Have about 1,000 miles on it so far, on my way to 500,000 (I hope). Only downside I can think of so far is that the windshield wiper fluid doesn't automatically refill itself.

We are over the moon. A big exciting piece of this is my wife "gets it" if you will. I have been through about 7 cars in the last 10 years or so as I buy in and buy out as I have a family member that owns dealerships.

Once I test drove a Tesla I knew that the trend would be over and this car would be one of my last with the exception of being replaced by another Tesla. My wife saw it too and we are hoping with the ordered S and a reservation for the 3 for her in 2 years we can make that a reality.

Peeking around here is fantastic as the passion and family type atmosphere here is a welcome experience.

Reactions: Mickie
I have leased my last two cars (Leaf and i3) and I'm ready to own again. It has been a struggle to stay under the 12k mile per year limit lately and with the longer range of my ordered Model S that would really become an issue, even if I were to step up to a 15k mile per year lease.

Officially placed my order last night!!!!

S60
Solid black
Pano roof
Black next gen seats
Autopilot
Premium Upgrade package
19in slipstreams
Awesome! Congrats! Now we wait.........................................................:)
I feel your excitement. I was talking to my wife Tuesday about how I have never been this excited about a car before. And like you say it's nice having a wife who "gets it". She loves her car but I have a feeling she will be trying to take "the pope" every chance she gets

Very cool gents! I should've had my OA set me up with a demo for my trip up north last weekend; the wait for your very own is, well, brutal!

Wife and I took a road trip from Chicago to Key West some years ago, and swore we'd never relive that endeavor again. Tesla may very well change our minds regarding that, especially come February when it's -20° at home.

I contemplated getting the textile seats but was unable to see them in any of the cars at the Tesla store. I went several times to 2 different shops and saw plenty of S and X's but all leather. So, rather than taking a chance I went with the leather