Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally ordered my MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla Profile just updated to "In Production"....

Anyone else just went with the standard textile seats in here besides me?...

Congrats! I see you're a bit over a week ahead of me (I ordered 6/28 and confirmed 7/6) so I guess I have that much longer to go.

I went for the standard "multipattern black" seats myself. Had the chance to try both that and the NG seats and while I like the feel of the bolsters on the latter, I don't think they're worth $2500 to me.

My Tesla Profile just updated to "In Production"....

Anyone else just went with the standard textile seats in here besides me?...

Also, When do you get your referral code link?
We purchased the textile seats and are satisfied with them. For us, it was a cost-cutting issue at time of order. But at the same time, I try to choose animal-free products and this fit the bill. However, if the Model X fake leather seats became available on the S, I'd get those in a heartbeat. They are softer than the leather seats they offer for the S. We are upgrading our car when we hear AP2 has arrived and maybe these seats.
They are comfortable. I think you'll be happy with them. Congratulations!

Congrats! I see you're a bit over a week ahead of me (I ordered 6/28 and confirmed 7/6) so I guess I have that much longer to go.

I went for the standard "multipattern black" seats myself. Had the chance to try both that and the NG seats and while I like the feel of the bolsters on the latter, I don't think they're worth $2500 to me.

Reason I went with the standard seat is because of the weather here, and I ordered my car with pano... I assume with the pano it will make the car much hotter with leather. Also the cost saving was able to get me air suspension.

Reactions: benemac
Update:

DS called me about 2 hours before delivery pick up and informed me that they have to reschedule my delivery the next day. During the final walkthrough, they found that the weather stripping on my pano roof was damaged and had to be replace. Glad they where honest about the situation and got it resolved right away. Will be picking up my MS later on today at 2pm instead..

Yesterday pick up experience was pretty fun... We were also able to meet our DS. Received a swag bag with umbrella, coffee mug, shirt, and other things. Here's a pic of our car while I'm testing out the supercharger. Will post more delivery pics later that I took with my wife's phone.

tesla.jpg

1 week update...

Love, love, love the car... Acceleration with no lag. Handle corners like its nothing. Set on the lowest suspension in sport mode has been fun. But I do have a few concerns.

Battery/Charging - I only got about 150 miles out of my first charge. Which is 208 miles on my S60... Is that normal or something that improves the more I drive the car?

Body defects - Picked up the car last Thursday and left out of town right away. I just got back a couple days ago and I haven't really got a chance to check out the car. But earlier yesterday walking around the car I noticed a couple of defects.

- First, the chrome trim that run across the top of the 2 doors is not aligned properly.
- Second, the paint on my passenger side rear view have some swirl and uneven paint on it. I mean I ran my finger through it, and it's not smooth at all. I can feel the groove when I do it.

Can I still bring this up to my DS and possibly get it fixed?

1 week update...

Love, love, love the car... Acceleration with no lag. Handle corners like its nothing. Set on the lowest suspension in sport mode has been fun. But I do have a few concerns.

Battery/Charging - I only got about 150 miles out of my first charge. Which is 208 miles on my S60... Is that normal or something that improves the more I drive the car?

Body defects - Picked up the car last Thursday and left out of town right away. I just got back a couple days ago and I haven't really got a chance to check out the car. But earlier yesterday walking around the car I noticed a couple of defects.

- First, the chrome trim that run across the top of the 2 doors is not aligned properly.
- Second, the paint on my passenger side rear view have some swirl and uneven paint on it. I mean I ran my finger through it, and it's not smooth at all. I can feel the groove when I do it.

Can I still bring this up to my DS and possibly get it fixed?

Of course you should! They need to get better with quality and feedback from customers is the only way to make that happen. Congrats BTW.