Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally ordered our X...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So excited - my husband has been dreaming of owning a Tesla for years. We made a reservation for the Model 3 but since then realized we could afford more. So last week we pulled the trigger and ordered the P100. We want to surprise everyone so we haven't told anyone yet! It's so hard keeping the secret!

My husband keeps talking about the stuff he wants in the referral program... What's the best way to share your referral code? We met some people at car shows and stuff but I wasn't sure the best way to go about doing it.

So happy to be here and look forward to learning about our new X!

You can make little cards with your info and referral code. If someone is interested in Tesla talk to them about it and hand them the card.

Also did you use a code yourself? (See what I did there ;)

Reactions: K3Man
Some referrals you’ll have to work for and it never pans out while others just fall on your lap.

This the case with my wife's boss. He kept telling her how amazing his MS is, so we went to test drive the MX. We ordered one right after the test drive. When the OA asked if we have a referral code, we ask him if we could use my wife's boss. He said sure.. just give me his name and phone number. Apparently you don't really need to know the referral code.. just the name and phone and the OA could look it up. 3 months later, my wife's boss emailed my wife a picture of his daughter riding in a mini red Tesla. :)

This the case with my wife's boss. He kept telling her how amazing his MS is, so we went to test drive the MX. We ordered one right after the test drive. When the OA asked if we have a referral code, we ask him if we could use my wife's boss. He said sure.. just give me his name and phone number. Apparently you don't really need to know the referral code.. just the name and phone and the OA could look it up. 3 months later, my wife's boss emailed my wife a picture of his daughter riding in a mini red Tesla. :)
Got my first referral from a family friend who didn;t even tell us he was interested but his OA asked why they were interested and he mentioned our name. The OA pulled up our referral code and 3 months later we are at 5 referrals (gave us the kick we needed to actually try pursuing referrals)

From what I've seen, the best way seems to be to start a YouTube channel about your Tesla and post weekly videos and mention and link your referral code in each of them. I know at least two families that have gotten free Teslas that way through the referral program...

From what I've seen, the best way seems to be to start a YouTube channel about your Tesla and post weekly videos and mention and link your referral code in each of them. I know at least two families that have gotten free Teslas that way through the referral program...

Doesn’t work for everyone. Only the top dogs (such as Bjorn, LikeTesla, etc) get significant referrals through their channels. It’s a full time job making, editing, and posting those videos. Plus one has to connect with the audience. In most of the vids the poster is only interested in referrals and not providing much valuable info.

Doesn’t work for everyone. Only the top dogs (such as Bjorn, LikeTesla, etc) get significant referrals through their channels. It’s a full time job making, editing, and posting those videos. Plus one has to connect with the audience. In most of the vids the poster is only interested in referrals and not providing much valuable info.

I didn't say it would be easy, and I'm not surprised folks get annoyed by videos that don't give them what they want but do spam links.

However, I've seen more folks succeed with the social media channel approach than I have any other method, even if it's only a fraction of those who attempt the channel (or maybe we don't hear about the other successes?)

Congrats!

We ordered our first MX today too!

Loved hearing from the manager "Welcome to the Tesla family."

So excited - my husband has been dreaming of owning a Tesla for years. We made a reservation for the Model 3 but since then realized we could afford more. So last week we pulled the trigger and ordered the P100. We want to surprise everyone so we haven't told anyone yet! It's so hard keeping the secret!

My husband keeps talking about the stuff he wants in the referral program... What's the best way to share your referral code? We met some people at car shows and stuff but I wasn't sure the best way to go about doing it.

So happy to be here and look forward to learning about our new X!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I didn't say it would be easy, and I'm not surprised folks get annoyed by videos that don't give them what they want but do spam links.

However, I've seen more folks succeed with the social media channel approach than I have any other method, even if it's only a fraction of those who attempt the channel (or maybe we don't hear about the other successes?)

Well my husband and I both will be a walking advertisement so hopefully we will get them the old fashioned way!

That's awesome! I know so many people who really don't know what Tesla is all about. When they see ours... I can't wait. We are still blown away by it and we've been researching for 2 years. My family thinks we are crazy! But we are so excited!

Congrats P100D —-> great car! What color/specs u choose ?:):rolleyes:

P100 White exterior/interior - premium, standard wheels, 6 seat with console, carbon fiber. Someday I really want the S, but the X is so much more roomy. There are also those rare times where we need to take two cars to places so this will be awesome. I remember the manager telling us in South Florida the rich people just like the falcon doors and don't care about anything else. Honestly, that wasn't a factor in switching from the S to the X but it's a really awesome bonus!!