Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally Picked Up My CPO S85D!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hey all, I thought I'd share a timeline of my journey to purchase a Tesla Model S CPO. Here are a few details about the car:
  • S85D
  • 23k miles
  • Tech package + Autopilot
  • Black leather interior
  • Pano roof
  • Subzero
  • Air Suspension
  • $70k
Here is a timeline from the moment I put down a deposit to the moment I drove home with the car:
  • 12/15/2016 - Put down deposit on CPO (85D) sight unseen (it's located in NYC and I'm in Seattle).
  • 12/16/2016 - Congrats email from my CPO advisor.
  • 1/4/2016 - I email to inquire on the status. No new info.
  • 1/7/2017 - I email to ask if it's possible to get pics of the car. No response.
  • 1/13/2017 - I text my salesperson to ask for an update and responds saying that the car has arrived in Fremont from NJ and will be on its way soon to Seattle for recconditioning.
  • 2/1 - I email my salesperson and DS for an update. SP responds and says the car is ready and just needs to be detailed. I could pick up on Friday (2/3).
  • 2/11 - Picked up the car!
So, it was 57 days from online deposit to pickup. I financed the purchase through my credit union and, with a 20% down payment, was able to get a rate of 2.04% for 60 months.

Happy to answer any other questions people may have!

Q1. How long were you searching for and what(why) were your key requirements?
Spending that kind money without real pics is impressive; though you could always transfer to another CPO I guess.

Q2. did you setup any special charging at your home whilst waiting?

Q1. How long were you searching for and what(why) were your key requirements?
Spending that kind money without real pics is impressive; though you could always transfer to another CPO I guess.

Q2. did you setup any special charging at your home whilst waiting?

Q1. I looked earnestly for 3-4 months. My key requirements were: 85 kWh, Pano roof and Subzero. I almost bought a non-D, but changed my mind and decided D was a requirement.

Q2. Nope. I have a 110V in the garage now and do very few miles during the week since I work from home. I plan on installing a NEMA 15-40 soon though.

I think body detailing was pretty good. There were small scratches and imperfections that I would expect from a car with 23k miles on it. It definitely didn't look "brand new" but it was good enough for me.
Congrats now update your signature.. :) Similar experience here.. Buying a car sight unseen and relying on a few pictures from a camera phone could be improved upon.

Congrats Carter! I order my cpo on 1/8 and hopefully in the next few weeks. (talked to my advisor tonight) You got a good deal! Did you spend time with the rep going over everything? anything else for a cpo pick up, that you would think you would do again? what the process if you find something wrong?
I don't wan to be rushed.
mine is s 85 with ap1 2014, No air suspension, but still think i got a good deal (i been dealing with my cpo rep for months until a good deal came up in my price. ENJOY IT!!! I have free charging at work, and already have an electric car that will be turning over once the lease is done

Hi Carter. Congrats & greetings from France.
I will get my S85D CPO this Friday !! Exactly same configuration as yours except the color (Titanium) and the 21" rims.
I pushed the booking button on Feb 3rd...so quite quick delivery process..but the car was already in the SC closed to my location.
I hope you enjoy it....