Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally placed my order tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

liuping

Jul 23, 2013
San Diego
After thinking about it for weeks and having finally figured out "exactly" what I wanted as far as colors and features, I change my mind at the last minute tonight when I went in to the San Diego/UTC Tesla Store to place my order.

I was all set on the grey interior with carbon fiber dash, but they had a white/tan in the showroom and I really liked the tan for the first time. I discounted it early in my decision process when I was looking at the dark grey exterior, so I never really focused on it after that. Once I switched to Tan leather, I thought the Obeche Matte seems a more natural choice.

At least my other choices did not change, otherwise all that "planing" would have be a waste of time :)

I guess now the waiting begins...

Last edited:
After thinking about it for weeks and having finally figured out "exactly" what I wanted as far as colors and features, I change my mind at the last minute tonight when I went in to the San Diego/UTC Telsa Store to place my order.

I was all set on the grey interior with carbon fiber dash, but they had a white/tan in the showroom and I really liked the tan for the first time. I discounted it early in my decision process when I was looking at the dark grey exterior, so I never really focused on it after that. Once I switched to Tan leather, I thought the Obeche Matte seems a more natural choice.

At least my other choices did not change, otherwise all that "planing" would have be a waste of time :)

I guess now the waiting begins...

Congratulations and welcome to the club! It's a great obsession. Be careful... That period between placing the order and hitting the confirmation button can be expensive. ;)

Welcome.
Congratulations on placing your order.
I think the Pearl White is an amazing color on this car.

There are two phases to waiting:
**You have two weeks until you Finalize your Order.
**After Finalizing, THEN the real wait begins for Production and Delivery of your car.

(You do know of course that some folks on here will encourage you to explore upgrading to a P or even a P+.)
Be Happy and determined to Love what you have planned for.

Congratulations Liuping! I test drove a white with tan and obeche matte. Definitely a great looking combo.

You are right... now to prepare for the real wait. :) At at least we have Tesla Motor Club to keep us occupied in the mean time.

Time until liuping upgrades to a "P" in 5...4...3... :D

As tempting as that is, it might lead to call from divorce lawyer in 3..2..1 :)

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome.
Congratulations on placing your order.
I think the Pearl White is an amazing color on this car.

There are two phases to waiting:
**You have two weeks until you Finalize your Order.
**After Finalizing, THEN the real wait begins for Production and Delivery of your car.

(You do know of course that some folks on here will encourage you to explore upgrading to a P or even a P+.)
Be Happy and determined to Love what you have planned for.

I'm thinking of confirming early just to remove the thoughts of changes and temptations of upgrading. I figure to at least give it a few days though...

- - - Updated - - -

You are right... now to prepare for the real wait. :) At at least we have Tesla Motor Club to keep us occupied in the mean time.

TMC has been a great source of info to feed my obsession. Thanks to everyone here for sharing so much information!

When I put in my reservation this weekend they told me November is already full and they're currently scheduling the first two weeks of December if you're ordering a P. Not sure about the other models, which in the past have had longer waits.

That's not good. I was hoping for a shorter, not a longer wait than the estimate. :(

Are only P85+ orders faster through production, or are normal P85 orders also faster than S85's? That would be very bad news for my S85 order...

That's not good. I was hoping for a shorter, not a longer wait than the estimate. :(

Are only P85+ orders faster through production, or are normal P85 orders also faster than S85's? That would be very bad news for my S85 order...

I've never seen P85+s mentioned as being higher priority than P85s, but it's certainly possible.

Be aware that I was told this by one of the showroom workers who helped me out with the test drive and ordering, not someone in delivery handling the scheduling. That said, he did claim to have spoken with delivery in the past few days with the above info. I was on a follow-up visit to the showroom, and he told me right off that delivery times had changed since we had spoken a week prior. He originally quoted me a mid-to-late November delivery.

Tex did you order and confirm same day?

Ordered late afternoon, confirmed and then changed to P+ next morning.

I've never seen P85+s mentioned as being higher priority than P85s, but it's certainly possible.

I was told by Tesla (at least in Sept) that +'s are going first, as they wanted highest dollar cars booked and $$ before quarter close. In general is that the case, kinda probably. That's why they say 3, 2, 1 mo waits depending on model.

Be aware that I was told this by one of the showroom workers who helped me out with the test drive and ordering, not someone in delivery handling the scheduling. That said, he did claim to have spoken with delivery in the past few days with the above info. I was on a follow-up visit to the showroom, and he told me right off that delivery times had changed since we had spoken a week prior. He originally quoted me a mid-to-late November delivery.

It sounds like they just changed from mid to late November.

I called the store today just to confirm if late November was real. The sales person said that's is official time frame they've been told by Tesla HQ.

There we no available inventory matches close enough to my order, so I'll wait a few days to make sure I'm good with everything, then confirm early. It might help a little to speed things up, but even if it does not, it will feel more real at that point.