TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Finally Pulled the Trigger - Blue 90D!

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Freedom101, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Ski Krazy

Ski Krazy Member

That's funny to hear. I thought I'd also experience some buyer's remorse but everytime I found myself thinking "is this real?" it was out of excitement and disbelief that it's finally happening. I guess that's what happens when you go in well-researched.

My wife had a few hours of remorse just because of the price tag, but she quickly came to reason. ;) I've been talking about Tesla for years and it seems I have finally fully converted her with her saying "now every car I look at just seems inferior."

Wow, that's amazing! I can imagine the scramble. That's one heck of a turnaround. The reason we delayed ours was to give us time to get some finances in order. I bet you must feel like Christmas morning is just around the corner but x 1,000,000.

Hmm, yeah, not sure if Renewz requires the same. Interesting note on the XPEL stealth front. I've seen it before and it does look really good. Your point on protection and longevity may have just sold me. I'm also planning on keeping the Tesla for a long time so it would definitely be a worthwhile investment like you said. Just when I thought I had it all planned out, you have to go throw me a curve ball... :rolleyes:

Well, please do take before and after pictures for both the rims and paint. Looking forward to seeing your beauty!

Simon

2. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

3. USC-Trojan

USC-Trojan New Member

Looks great

• Like x 1
  4. sach32

sach32 Member

Hi

Congrats on the purchase, the wrap looks awesome.

Just curious, we ordered a 90D early July too and am planning to take delivery in two weeks. Just like you I noticed that the discount has increased since we ordered the car by around $2000 (I saw this when I clicked on view spec in the my tesla page). You mentioned the same thing happening to you, did Tesla honor the higher discount?
    Thanks in advance!

5. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

What's funny is I e-mailed the sales person as soon as I saw it enquiring about it and he had no idea that Tesla had further discounted then 90Ds.

Before I picked up the vehicle they sent me the total so I could bring in a draft. It included the additional discount which was ~$4000 ish (not insignificant). So yes they honored it but not without some confusion :). They are a different kind of company because I had already agreed to pay the ~$4000 and put a deposit down to have the vehicle shipped. But good on them that was the right thing to do. If it's showing on your my Tesla page, my experience was they will honor it.

6. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Member

In my experience the discount was bigger than showed in the My Tesla page. That probably was only during a short window for the discontinued 90D and the price drop pairing. It might also start showing up if the old slower 75D cars stick around too long.

7. sach32

sach32 Member

Thanks for the replies. The discount on my car is around 21k, so am quite happy with it already. Of course will take more drops if they give it to me, Tesla has been a very pleasant company to work with so far (very unlike prior car buying experiences)

8. T3xrr

T3xrr Member

What was total cost after discount?

9. sach32

sach32 Member

#29 sach32, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    97k including referral credit for a 6 seater 90 d model x, red, ultra white interior, enhanced autopilot, prem upgrades, premium sound, high amperage charger, tow package and carbon fiber interior.

• Like x 1
  10. T3xrr

T3xrr Member

Nice job on the high amperage charger. I'm looking at a similar 75d slightly lower in price. 4K less.

11. sach32

sach32 Member

I think that's a fair price if it includes enhanced autopilot (mine did).

12. T3xrr

T3xrr Member

Unfortunately my config doesn't have it. I'm gonna add it later. High amperage is also not offered for new 75d orders which is a bummer. I'll just have to live with that. Anyways congrats on owning the best SUV ever made.

13. oktane

oktane Active Member

Pics please

14. sach32

sach32 Member

image2.JPG image5.JPG image1.JPG image3.JPG

• Like x 1
  15. T3xrr

T3xrr Member

16. oktane

oktane Active Member

Very sharp!