Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally Pulled the Trigger - Blue 90D!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I wanted to thank everyone for all the useful information I've found on here (I've been skulking for a while). Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger at the Vancouver (West 4th) Tesla store. Both Matt and Preston helped me with information / test drive and I wanted to thank them as they were great! So the plan was to order a 100D going in but it turned out there was a 90D sitting in Toronto with the EXACT spec's I wanted... With the additional discount they were offering on the 90D I couldn't turn it down and pulled the trigger...Here are the specs:

Model X 90D (Demo with 1030km or about 640 miles)
Deep Blue metallic paint
20" silver wheels
Ultra White interior/seats
Carbon fiber
Black headliner
Six seat interior
Enhanced Autopilot
Smart Air suspension
Premium Interior Package
Premium Sound (This is the only option I wouldn't have ordered but am happy the stock model has it after thinking on it for a day)
Subzero Weather package
Tow package

I seriously can't wait as my wife and I have never bought a vehicle like this (or anything else for that matter outside of properties).

I plan to have it excel wrapped and maybe the wheels powder coated. *If anyone has a good local suggestion in the Vancouver / Lower mainland, BC, area for either of those I'd appreciate it*.

The vehicle is coming from Toronto and if anyone has test driven this exact vehicle I'd love to hear how my falcon wing doors don't squeak (Hopefully :) !!).

I plan to make some videos and share them (upgrading my electrical panel to 200amps and installation of the tesla charger, kuat 2 bike rack and what you can expect for mileage, and a few other ideas).

I was told it could take 6-8 weeks for it to ship from Toronto. The reason given was that not a lot of vehicles ship from East to West and they'd have to wait for a full truck... So now we wait...

Thanks again to all the great info here.

Hi guys,

I wanted to thank everyone for all the useful information I've found on here (I've been skulking for a while). Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger ....

CONGRATS! You'll love the car! We pretty much have the exact same build :) I'd say be happy that you optioned it fully out, got towing, etc. It helps resale or since you'll probably love it and want to keep it you'll have everything you could potentially want...

CONGRATS! You'll love the car! We pretty much have the exact same build :) I'd say be happy that you optioned it fully out, got towing, etc. It helps resale or since you'll probably love it and want to keep it you'll have everything you could potentially want...

Thanks ! I definitely agree with optioning it out at this stage. The plan is to keep this vehicle for quite a while (10 -15 years plus) so I'd rather there be no regrets.

Congrats and welcome.

Do you mind to share with us how much of discount did you get?

Discount was $17, 000 (Canadian) along with the 6 seat option when it was less expensive (as opposed to when they brought in the 7 seat bench option) which equated to an additional savings of $2200 (Canadian). Overall I'm happy with it considering it was significantly less than building a new 100D without the premium sound option.

The associate mentioned that this vehicle was built in May 2017, so I am happy to know I'll be getting the new button in the back to open the falcon wings rather than the latch, as well as the matt black rear seats which I prefer.

Any other current changes that I should be aware for a May 2017 build?

Thanks ! I definitely agree with optioning it out at this stage. The plan is to keep this vehicle for quite a while (10 -15 years plus) so I'd rather there be no regrets.

Discount was $17, 000 (Canadian) along with the 6 seat option when it was less expensive (as opposed to when they brought in the 7 seat bench option) which equated to an additional savings of $2200 (Canadian). Overall I'm happy with it considering it was significantly less than building a new 100D without the premium sound option.

The associate mentioned that this vehicle was built in May 2017, so I am happy to know I'll be getting the new button in the back to open the falcon wings rather than the latch, as well as the matt black rear seats which I prefer.

Any other current changes that I should be aware for a May 2017 build?

Nice. Your knowledgable about a lot of the small changes too! ;-) I'd say you are getting more reliable and quiet door latches (front doors) with that build date than the earlier models. Overall though should be a solid build. You'll have to suffer through seeing continual improvements beyond this point and resist upgrading in the future hehehe.

The main thing that will be the area of improvement in the future IMHO is the self driving hardware. I expect 1-2 more iterations before Tesla can reach true self driving status, potential due to some regulations, any redundancy requirements, etc. But, the car is fun to drive so who wants full autonomy anyway ;-)

Reactions: Freedom101
Nice. Your knowledgable about a lot of the small changes too! ;-) I'd say you are getting more reliable and quiet door latches (front doors) with that build date than the earlier models. Overall though should be a solid build. You'll have to suffer through seeing continual improvements beyond this point and resist upgrading in the future hehehe.

The main thing that will be the area of improvement in the future IMHO is the self driving hardware. I expect 1-2 more iterations before Tesla can reach true self driving status, potential due to some regulations, any redundancy requirements, etc. But, the car is fun to drive so who wants full autonomy anyway ;-)

Thanks Travwill. Great looking x you have :).

Im hoping we get a shot at full self driving when it's ready with the level 2 autopilot but you could very well be correct.

And yes the constant improvements can make a guy wish he had them but I'm going to focus on what an awesome vehicle it currently is and enjoy it as Much as possible !

Thanks for the kind words.

Do you have the option to fly & drive it home? I could not stand the wait......

I didn't inquire about that. I just get to remain excited for another 6 weeks or so.

I'm having my panel upgraded to 200 amps in early August and I get to continue learning about the vehicle, electric driving, charging, caring for it, vehicle wraps, batteries, and much more until it arrives.

I've found that most good things in life are worth waiting for and enjoying the process is half the fun...Sooo I'm embracing the wait.

You might get even more of a discount at delivery. My inventory 90D is nearly the same spec as yours (minus the carbon, and with fewer miles) and the showroom discount was US$16,000 when I placed the deposit. However at delivery it was $18,750. Obviously this meant I had to splurge and buy a Wall Connector instead of just using the UMC. Congratulations! I'm certain you'll love the car. Nothing is like a Model X. Nothing.

That would be a pleasant surprise.... I have already splurged on the wall connector... Electrician comes in a couple weeks.

I'm very excited, my X hasn't yet shipped. I confirmed today that the KMs are the same so it hasn't even moved since I bought it. Really hoping someone else from the West buys a Tesla from Toronto! Need that truck moving.

You might get even more of a discount at delivery. My inventory 90D is nearly the same spec as yours (minus the carbon, and with fewer miles) and the showroom discount was US$16,000 when I placed the deposit. However at delivery it was $18,750. Obviously this meant I had to splurge and buy a Wall Connector instead of just using the UMC. Congratulations! I'm certain you'll love the car. Nothing is like a Model X. Nothing.

So I signed into my Tesla page and clicked view specs. It's now showing a $20,900 discount... I've yet to receive confirmation from my delivery team or sales person but needless to say I'm beyond thrilled with this (if it's accurate). Hoping it goes down again before delivery!

Reactions: Ormond
Hi guys,

I wanted to thank everyone for all the useful information I've found on here (I've been skulking for a while). Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger at the Vancouver (West 4th) Tesla store. Both Matt and Preston helped me with information / test drive and I wanted to thank them as they were great! So the plan was to order a 100D going in but it turned out there was a 90D sitting in Toronto with the EXACT spec's I wanted... With the additional discount they were offering on the 90D I couldn't turn it down and pulled the trigger...Here are the specs:

Model X 90D (Demo with 1030km or about 640 miles)
Deep Blue metallic paint
20" silver wheels
Ultra White interior/seats
Carbon fiber
Black headliner
Six seat interior
Enhanced Autopilot
Smart Air suspension
Premium Interior Package
Premium Sound (This is the only option I wouldn't have ordered but am happy the stock model has it after thinking on it for a day)
Subzero Weather package
Tow package

I seriously can't wait as my wife and I have never bought a vehicle like this (or anything else for that matter outside of properties).

I plan to have it excel wrapped and maybe the wheels powder coated. *If anyone has a good local suggestion in the Vancouver / Lower mainland, BC, area for either of those I'd appreciate it*.

The vehicle is coming from Toronto and if anyone has test driven this exact vehicle I'd love to hear how my falcon wing doors don't squeak (Hopefully :) !!).

I plan to make some videos and share them (upgrading my electrical panel to 200amps and installation of the tesla charger, kuat 2 bike rack and what you can expect for mileage, and a few other ideas).

I was told it could take 6-8 weeks for it to ship from Toronto. The reason given was that not a lot of vehicles ship from East to West and they'd have to wait for a full truck... So now we wait...

Hey Freedom101,

Congrats on the new purchase! Your story stood out to me because I share much of what you mentioned. My wife and I just put an order in for our Model X on the 22nd at the same Vancouver location, just a day after they changed the premium upgrade and packaged it all into one. We also had Preston help us and he was great like you said.

Like you, we looked at what they had in inventory and I believe there was a 100D that had all the options except one (minor, forget what it was) but it was white instead of the red we wanted. We decided to go the other route and pay a little extra and get a custom fully loaded X 100D (with 20" silver rims) since the discount was only $3,000 or so.

We'll be taking delivery in mid to late September as we asked to have it delayed a bit, but we can't wait! Likewise, we've never made this kind of a purchase before outside of properties, but probably how you concluded, if you can afford it, why not get the car of your dreams!

Your note on doing the rims and wraps intrigued me as I was thinking the same originally. I looked into wraps before ordering but figured I'll order the red and maybe get it wrapped a few years down the road if I want a change, so I didn't settle on a place. Curious what you find though!

As for the rims, I want to get mine done in some sort of black with red brakes and I found Renewz Wheel Repair out in North Van. They seem to have the best reviews I could find, although I haven't contacted them yet, so I can't vouch for them. Have you found another/better place?

Not a day goes by where my wife and I don't think about our Model X to be. We can't wait for delivery day... Until then, we just hope we don't encounter any major issues when the day comes. Best of luck with yours and let me know where you go to get your tweaks done!

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey Freedom101,

Congrats on the new purchase! Your story stood out to me because I share much of what you mentioned. My wife and I just put an order in for our Model X on the 22nd at the same Vancouver location, just a day after they changed the premium upgrade and packaged it all into one. We also had Preston help us and he was great like you said.

Like you, we looked at what they had in inventory and I believe there was a 100D that had all the options except one (minor, forget what it was) but it was white instead of the red we wanted. We decided to go the other route and pay a little extra and get a custom fully loaded X 100D (with 20" silver rims) since the discount was only $3,000 or so.

We'll be taking delivery in mid to late September as we asked to have it delayed a bit, but we can't wait! Likewise, we've never made this kind of a purchase before outside of properties, but probably how you concluded, if you can afford it, why not get the car of your dreams!

Your note on doing the rims and wraps intrigued me as I was thinking the same originally. I looked into wraps before ordering but figured I'll order the red and maybe get it wrapped a few years down the road if I want a change, so I didn't settle on a place. Curious what you find though!

As for the rims, I want to get mine done in some sort of black with red brakes and I found Renewz Wheel Repair out in North Van. They seem to have the best reviews I could find, although I haven't contacted them yet, so I can't vouch for them. Have you found another/better place?

Not a day goes by where my wife and I don't think about our Model X to be. We can't wait for delivery day... Until then, we just hope we don't encounter any major issues when the day comes. Best of luck with yours and let me know where you go to get your tweaks done!

Cheers.

@Ski Krazy thanks for the thoughtful reply. Congrats on your purchase sounds like it will be an amazing X. It's funny as I thought I may have some level of buyers remorse or a few moments of 'what am I doing spending this much on a car'. But I haven't, I've just become more excited. It appears I've fully justified this purchase to myself.

To literally everyone's shock my X arrived yesterday. The delivery team advised they had no idea it had shipped and they certainly hadn't shared it with me. I've set delivery up for tomorrow evening and am stolked. It's over 1 month early (pretty sure that's a new record for Tesla?). They were also kind enough to cut the shipping price in half because of the early and unannounced shipping.

I'm scrambling a bit because I thought I had more time to figure out some of the things I wanted to get done / order accessories / cleaning products etc. Not complaining tho.

I have not found a spot to get the wheels done. There appears to be several metal shops that will do them but most want the rims removed from the tire before bringing the vehicle in, which I have no interest in doing. I will definitely check out Renewz later today. I've also been told there are some good spots in Richmond but don't know where yet.

I have been communicating with Ken Wilson (mostly via email) at autowerkes exclusive in maple ridge. Looking at the xpel stealth wrap mostly for protection and longevity as I plan to keep the X for a long time. Plus I like the look of the stealth alot from what I've seen in photos. It's expensive but this whole thing is expensive so I don't want to cheap out on protection and the film is reviewed really well and warrantied for 10 years. Ken was recommended on this forum and after reaching out to a few people I'm likely going to go this route.

I'm waiting to hear back from him as he's looking into whether he can get me in next week. I'm going to Penticton the following week and would rather be wrapped for the drive over the coke than not wrapped.

I'll update once I take delivery tomorrow!

Mike

Last edited: