Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally purchased Model X last night in Santa Monica. Need Car Insurance Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally bought Tesla Model X (2019) last night! Now, it is time to find car insurance. I am getting insane ranges from 150$ to $500 a month for two drivers with college education in their 40s and 30s. While we have license, We relied on Uber/Lyft for the last 6+ years so car insurance is becoming bewildering. What do you guys have in Souther California? Any particular company / package you may suggest?

I saw other threads for car insurance, but nothing on Santa Monica, so any advice would be much appreciated

I finally bought Tesla Model X (2019) last night! Now, it is time to find car insurance. I am getting insane ranges from 150$ to $500 a month for two drivers with college education in their 40s and 30s. While we have license, We relied on Uber/Lyft for the last 6+ years so car insurance is becoming bewildering. What do you guys have in Souther California? Any particular company / package you may suggest?

I saw other threads for car insurance, but nothing on Santa Monica, so any advice would be much appreciated
Congratulations and Welcome to the club!! I just did a lot of research when I bought mine a month and a half ago. Went with Costco Insurance which works with Ameriprise Insurance. I am actually paying less for my new Model X than for my late 2011 Mercedes Convertible 8 cylinder! Good Luck!

...car insurance...

My Wawanesa insurance premium for 2 cars with high annual mileage (24,000 miles) is $2,086.72 annually:

6Ac9B6e.jpg

Did a ton of shopping around. Best mix of price and service I am
Going with Erie $100 comp and $500 coll

Erie Insurance:

$1175 per year for $100 comp and $500 coll deductible;

$1016 per year for $100 comp and $1,000 collision deductible; or

$941 per year for $250 comp and $1,000 collision deductible.

$500 deductible
$250K/$500K/$100K
My mistake, $760/6 months = $1520/year
If I take off the 2013 Sienna, it is $1100/year for 2 Xs.
This policy is for standard 12K miles per car x 3 cars.
It's cheaper if you drive under 7K miles, but you have to submit paperwork etc to prove it.

Still a fantastic deal. I pay more than that for 6 months. 3 vehicles full coverage - 300/500/100 w/ 1000 ded

I'm getting a quote. Thanks!

I ordered an MX and was a lil worries about insurance as my current Farmers Ins quotes me 3k/Yr. I thought that was a bit excessive.

Tried the progressive app last night and got a quote of 150/mo which is what I currently pay for my 2015 Jeep SRT but progressive offers better coverage.

Haven’t tried anyone else

For those who don't own a car, be sure to keep and maintain a "non-owner's policy" with your insurance company. It should run you aboyt $100-$200 a year and will cover you in any car you drive. The most important part is that when you do eventually go back to owning a car the insurance companies won't treat you as a high risk policy (since you would otherwise have not track record to evaluate your risk on). I lived overseas for 10 years and had this type of policy the whole time, with no problems when I came back and owned a car in the US again.