Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally ready to present - S75D + Wheels + Tint + Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't make the car wider, it just makes the wheels flush with the fenders, which visually looks better.
My 19s already throw a lot of dirt up the rear quarter - I imagine this would help distribute even more - may be even reaching the top of the trunk! Of course not such an issue in AZ as CO.

Looks great. I've got those rims waiting to go on in summer.

From last image the rears look perfect, but the front look like they'd we throwing water (and dirt, rocks) along the side of the car - top edge looks proud of arch. But first image that does not seem to be the case. :confused:
That's what happens when you let auto-correct loose after midnight!

From last image the rears look perfect, but the front looks like it would be throwing water (and dirt, rocks) along the side of the car - top edge looks proud of arch. But in the first image that does not seem to be the case. :confused:

So I can see your dilemma depending on viewing angle and with paint which chips easy I'd be worrying about those flying rocks - any paint protection?

Smaller calipers are the parking brake I believe

You should get your calipers painted red, looks fantastic with grey turbine wheels.

Agree on smaller caliper being parking brake (there is no transmission to put in park).

Red calipers on grey turbines do pop.

IMG_2562.JPG

Reactions: Nick B
As soon as I got the car, I scheduled to have tint done (Huper Optik Drei) purchased some 21" Turbine grey wheels off eBay and wrapped them in Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, and added 20mm spacers all around.

Tired a few different sized spacers. 20mm is definitely the right size for the front...the rear I keep going back and forth between the 20mm and the 25mm (pictures have the 20mm). From some angles, the 20mm look better and from some the 25mm look better.

You mentioned the 15mm don't work..is that because the stock studs aren't long enough?

Also can you link up the ebay seller where you purchased your turbines?

You also mentioned Huper Optik Drei - Drei is the german word for 3 and from the looks of your car, it's about a 30% tint (in other words it allows 30% of light to pass in theory).

Car looks perfect.

You mentioned the 15mm don't work..is that because the stock studs aren't long enough?

Also can you link up the ebay seller where you purchased your turbines?

You also mentioned Huper Optik Drei - Drei is the german word for 3 and from the looks of your car, it's about a 30% tint (in other words it allows 30% of light to pass in theory).

Car looks perfect.

Thanks!

Actually the problem with the 15mm is that the stock studs are too long. With the spacers in, the stock studs end up in the grooves on the back of the wheel (when the wheel is mounted) and with the 15mm spacers, the wheel essentially bottoms out and doesn't sit flush. With 20mm and 25mm spacers, the stock studs do not prodrude as much past the spacers surface therefore the wheel can sit flush on the spacer.