Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally ready to present - S75D + Wheels + Tint + Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!

Actually the problem with the 15mm is that the stock studs are too long. With the spacers in, the stock studs end up in the grooves on the back of the wheel (when the wheel is mounted) and with the 15mm spacers, the wheel essentially bottoms out and doesn't sit flush. With 20mm and 25mm spacers, the stock studs do not prodrude as much past the spacers surface therefore the wheel can sit flush on the spacer.
Ah so the 15mm spacers also have their own studs that re-orient, got it.

Does anyone know the offsets and sizes of the various oem wheels?

From what I gather a square set up of turbines is 8.5x21 et40

What are the staggered turbines? I reckon the fronts are the same as above 8.5x21 et40 but heat are the rears?

What are the stock split 5 spoke 19s?

Rears are 9.0x21 et40
Thanks

So:

19" split 5 spoke (standard wheels)
8.0x19 et40 all around

21" turbine set
8.5x21 et40 all around, so call it the square 21" turbine

21" turbine sport or P+ set (call then staggered)
8.5x21 et 40 fronts
9.0x21 et 40 rears

The staggered 21" turbine set is the flushness equivalent of running the square 21" turbine set with 6 mm spacers on the rears. This is because the extra 1/2" of wheel width = extra 1/4" inside width and 1/4" outside width, and 1/4" = 6.35 mm).

Taking that further...
Square 21" turbine is the flushness equivalent of standard 19" 5 split spokes with 6mm spacers on all 4 corners.

Staggered 21" turbine is the flushness equivalent of 5 split spoke 19" with 6mm spacers in the front and 13mm spacers in the rear (rounding) .

Last edited:
If the stock bolts were long enough I think it would be interesting to use the 15mm boltless spacers with four of the rear 21" turbine sport (P+ 9.0x21 et 40) all around.

I wonder if the range would diminish much with the wider contact patch compared to square 21s or staggered 21s.