Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally ready to present - S75D + Wheels + Tint + Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up this car a little over 2 weeks ago and it's been absolutely amazing. I was a bit hesitant of giving up a normal, manual transmission (the other car I was considering was a new M4) but I can seriously never go back. The car is just so buttery smooth - yes it's missing some "luxuries" other cars may have, but I feel as if the car is in it's own class and a different kind of luxury that comes from the driving experience.

As soon as I got the car, I scheduled to have tint done (Huper Optik Drei), purchased some 21" Turbine grey wheels off eBay and wrapped them in Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, and added 20mm spacers all around. Absolutely look the look and love the car.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

Tired a few different sized spacers. 20mm is definitely the right size for the front...the rear I keep going back and forth between the 20mm and the 25mm (pictures have the 20mm). From some angles, the 20mm look better and from some the 25mm look better.

1.jpg

Was surprised to see that the car has Brembo brakes, and that it has two calipers on the rear wheels? Never actually seen that before.

3.jpg

2.jpg

Correct, just slide on and tighten the lug nuts. I got them from this site: Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings for your car! | Motorsport Tech

The 15mm do not fit FYI but they wouldn't be good anyway as they aren't thick enough to get the desired look.

I don't see any real negatives, sure there could be a chance of more curb rash but shouldn't be an issue if you are careful (we're talking less than 1" pushed out vs stock). Ive had spacers on my last two cars and never had an issue.

Where did you order the tires from?

I just picked up 21" wheels but TireRack has the Michelin PSS's on back order and I can't find them anywhere else that has the 'acoustic tech'.

I got them locally from Discount Tire, but didn't do the Acoustic Tech as I read there are problem if you ever need a flat repaired.

Are the Acoustic Tech that much of an improvement noise wise?

Hey I see you're also in Phoenix. Have the other spacers left over you'd be willing to sell?

Sure...but first I need to decide which I want to stick with. :D Might be faster to buy some from the place I got them, they made them and shipped pretty quick (I think I ordered on Monday and received by Friday).

Where in the Phoenix area are you? Im up in N. Peoria near Happy Valley Rd & Lake Pleasant Pkwy.