Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally received the NJ PSE&G EV BTM $1500.00 rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never got a response from PSEG after submitting papers. On the EV portal it says “qualified” under status.
When did you submit email to constructionnorth?
7/22 Email response came from [email protected] with 8/9 response date from Electric division - nothing yet. Not sure when load form was sent; when earlier I called 1-800-832-0076 they indicated they received it late June (not 100% sure) - so approximately 1 month to get DWMS# and still waiting for Electric to complete "New Business Process".

Instead emailing; perhaps online load form @ pseg.com/service expedites the process?

Reactions: akifbayram
Still the Business Process is not complete. PSEG is such a wreck. Why not publish on their website how long business process takes. When I spoke to them they said application was received on in July and processed on Aug 11 and sent to Electrical engineering dept to approve and typically electrical engineering dept takes longer time if the power lines are underground.

Still waiting

Still the Business Process is not complete. PSEG is such a wreck. Why not publish on their website how long business process takes. When I spoke to them they said application was received on in July and processed on Aug 11 and sent to Electrical engineering dept to approve and typically electrical engineering dept takes longer time if the power lines are underground.

Still waiting
Today is end of 7th week in Business Process and still waiting. Construction said they do First Come First serve and wouldn't escalte or provide time frame. Mine is underground as well. Rebate dept is waiting Business process to complete to issue rebate.

8/22: I emailed constructionnorth and started EV Portal application process
9/6: Received a confirmation email from construction inquiry that my request was processed and sent to the electric division for review and response (expected no later than 9/20)
9/7: Submitted my documents on the EV Portal after I received my final permit approval

I checked the status on the PSEG job application page (not the EV Portal) and it says the following:
f9c29c1c4f8b93a01d54409aef9120e9.png

Hmm... I don't think I need new service?

9/6: Received a confirmation email from construction inquiry that my request was processed and sent to the electric division for review and response (expected no later than 9/20)
9/7: Submitted my documents on the EV Portal after I received my final permit approval

I checked the status on the PSEG job application page (not the EV Portal) and it says the following:
View attachment 850900
Which website shows this status?

View attachment 850900

When I put the job reference #, I get the same status.
Waiting game continues..

For me it still shows Preparing Estimate

Received an email this morning 😅:

Good Morning:

We have received the following response to your EV charger request (this answer is a result of an application that was submitted for the PSE&G EV Charger program incentives).

SERVICE IS ADEQUATE. NO WORK REQUIRED BY PSE&G

*Please note: if the EV Charger is already installed AND there has been

or will be a change of service (i.e., meter/service line relocation,

upgrade to 200A, 300A, 400A, etc.), please follow the above instructions

to ensure reliability of our service.

If the EV Charger has not yet been installed, please also follow the

above instructions.

There is no cost required to proceed.

Reactions: Skk1969
Received an email this morning 😅:
I received the email just now with below. Hopefully approval is near and will show up on EV portal

Good Afternoon,

We have received the following response to your EV charger request (this answer is a result of an application that was submitted for the PSE&G EV Charger program incentives).

SERVICE IS ADEQUATE. NO WORK REQUIRED BY PSE&G.

EXISTING FACILITIES SUFFICIENT

NO COST

Reactions: akifbayram
I received the email just now with below. Hopefully approval is near and will show up on EV portal

Good Afternoon,

NO COST
On the job status page it shows below now

Attachments

• 599ECC94-E032-4CBC-8BDD-E40D105705D4.jpeg
    599ECC94-E032-4CBC-8BDD-E40D105705D4.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 143
After waiting a number of months and submitting the required paperwork to the EV portal on the NJ PSE&G website I finally received my $1500 rebate yesterday.
What a nice surprise.
If only Tesla will also surprise me with a VIN number and a delivery date.
Hey. I’m applying for my rebate of 1,500 now with PSE&G. I was wondering. What documents did you need. Was it invoice of the work they did? Town inspection approval?

Also do you know what the Tesla wall charger 3 charge power rating is? Idk what that means.

Good Afternoon,

NO COST
Hey. Could I ask what documentation you had to attach? And what they mean my charger power rating

Scroll down to the bottom
Enter EV portal.
Closely follow their instructions
Use a NJ licensed electrician preferably Tesla recommended (I used Sure Electric in Marlboro 732-834-0445)
They were excellent. They applied for my local permits and filled out and submitted the required load/data form to PSE&G.
You will also need to upload the electrical installation invoice.

Attachments

• Sub Panel Inspection 030222 IMG_7880.JPG
    Sub Panel Inspection 030222 IMG_7880.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 151