Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally reserved a X!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first time reservation holder! Just reserved a Model X - Long Range, 6-seater, Red exterior with Black interior, 20" wheels. Had my heart set on the Pearl White exterior but was blown away by the Red when I went to the Tesla showroom.

Can you please post some pictures of the 6-seater Red exterior with black interior if you happen to own one.

Also, what are some of the recommended accessories that you get for the X? And any wrapping to protect the paint?

Thanks!

Congratulations! Brand spanking new? Most new owners opt for floor mats as their first accessory purchase. I'm partial to 3D Maxpider mats myself but others lean to the many other options available. Another accessory you're unfortunately forced to purchase these days (if you're purchasing a new X) is the NEMA 14-50 adapter. Never a bad idea to have one in the frunk.

I had PPF on my Model 3 but opted for Ceramic Coating on the X. Welcome to the Perpetual Smile club.

Here's the items I ordered for my 2018 MX:
Telsa logo lights for front doors

Brighter lights for interior and storage areas

6-seater floor mats

cubby drawer

Congratulations! Brand spanking new? Most new owners opt for floor mats as their first accessory purchase. I'm partial to 3D Maxpider mats myself but others lean to the many other options available. Another accessory you're unfortunately forced to purchase these days (if you're purchasing a new X) is the NEMA 14-50 adapter. Never a bad idea to have one in the frunk.

I had PPF on my Model 3 but opted for Ceramic Coating on the X. Welcome to the Perpetual Smile club.
Yes, waiting in-line for the refreshed version. Delivery estimate was given as May-June. Now researching up on the ceramic coating. Thanks for the info!

6-seater floor mats

cubby drawer
Awesome! Thank you!

Forgot, also had the 3M/XPEL clear protective wrap put on the front, hood, and front side fenders, and the lower area along the doors where rocks could get thrown up. After 45,000+ miles and 3 years, the paint still looks good. There are a couple of spots where the film was taken off by rocks, but didn't reach the paint. I am thinking of having those redone soon.

Reactions: RavenX
Nice! The six-seater is the best. Might be a bit of a wait though due to the refresh. Order page says October - November for me.

I'd maybe wait on some accessories to be sure they fit the changed design.

+1 for the 3D Maxpider mats.
Get your front side windows tinted. I also went for PPF film just on the front.
I got the bike rack and cargo net from Tesla. Car has built in hooks for it. Cargo net is way more useful than I expected, because things you put in the back will slide around like crazy and it's an easy way to hold things down without going in and out of the lower trunk section.

Nice! The six-seater is the best. Might be a bit of a wait though due to the refresh. Order page says October - November for me.

I'd maybe wait on some accessories to be sure they fit the changed design.

+1 for the 3D Maxpider mats.
Get your front side windows tinted. I also went for PPF film just on the front.
I got the bike rack and cargo net from Tesla. Car has built in hooks for it. Cargo net is way more useful than I expected, because things you put in the back will slide around like crazy and it's an easy way to hold things down without going in and out of the lower trunk section.
Thank you!

6-seater floor mats

cubby drawer

would you mind taking dimensions of that cubby drawer base for me? i want to add wireless charging there and need to fab a charging mat

would you mind taking dimensions of that cubby drawer base for me? i want to add wireless charging there and need to fab a charging mat
Just making sure you are aware there's an OEM solution for that. I assume you've seen it and have decided it doesn't fit your needs, but just in case:

Reactions: ngng
Just making sure you are aware there's an OEM solution for that. I assume you've seen it and have decided it doesn't fit your needs, but just in case:

yeah, I saw this. I don't like it since it only charges one phone AND, I always stick my phone in the cubby as well. I want to add two qi chargers so two people can charge at once

Reactions: Harvey Danger