Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally! Service History!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily I don’t have to use the Service tab often, but noticed today, when scheduling service they finally show your Service History and invoices!

Have been looking for this, since I got my first service done!

For those that may ask, the version is iOS 3.10.6

FF08404D-6B6B-4598-8862-EBB2B2C283CC.jpeg

I just updated by phone app (Android) version 3.10.6 and also see recent service history with invoice view.
I did too. Then... There was another update to the Tesla app just now & the service option has been removed entirely on all three of our cars. Now not only can I not see my service history but I can't even schedule service via the app officially making it nearly impossible to schedule service since that was the last option for doing so. Thanks Tesla!

ETA: a quick restart of the app (again) and it's now back. Now, if only I could get the car we sold removed from my app as easily.

Last edited:
I did too. Then... There was another update to the Tesla app just now & the service option has been removed entirely on all three of our cars. Now not only can I not see my service history but I can't even schedule service via the app officially making it nearly impossible to schedule service since that was the last option for doing so. Thanks Tesla!

ETA: a quick restart of the app (again) and it's now back. Now, if only I could get the car we sold removed from my app as easily.
I had a similar thing happen, right when I was trying to schedule that service appt you see on my screen haha!

I had to close the app a couple of times for it to come up. Now my issue will be, a Mobile Tech will come out in 9 days, and tell me I need to go to the service center for my rust issue.

Unfortunately, they don’t just have an option for paint, it’s either collision or glass. What if it wasn’t a collision but is rust? Had to select the “Other” option, which then assigns the Mobile Tech.

I understand the convenience of this in the app, but all I had to do prior to this was search my gmail account for "Tesla Service" and every single appointment is returned with the invoice attached.
Maybe only the Charlotte Service Center is diligent about appointment confirmations and invoice emails?

I understand the convenience of this in the app, but all I had to do prior to this was search my gmail account for "Tesla Service" and every single appointment is returned with the invoice attached.
Maybe only the Charlotte Service Center is diligent about appointment confirmations and invoice emails?
I didn’t receive 2 different invoices personally, and I agree that it’s not that complicated to do a search, or keep your invoices.

I do see this being a notch above in convenience, and continues to tie your account and vehicle based information in the app or online, which obviously is the customer experience we’re used to with Tesla. We’ve also found how difficult using phone numbers can be with Tesla, to track down information.

I have a question. I bought mine used and haven't had a service. Wondering if any service by the prior owner would show up.

Teslas could carry their own Carfax since everything is connected. Would be great to be able to check such things from the App or the screen

I have a question. I bought mine used and haven't had a service. Wondering if any service by the prior owner would show up.

Teslas could carry their own Carfax since everything is connected. Would be great to be able to check such things from the App or the screen
To what end? So that Tesla can pedal a false sense of security to potential buyers much in the same respect that Carfax et al do?

I'm of a similar mindset that more information is always better than less information. However, the way that Carfax has gone about marketing this information (or most importantly, lack of any information) is appalling as it's convinced most potential buyers that a clean carfax is some sort of indication as to the actual vehicles history.

I should also point out that it wouldn't do much good along the lines of what you're thinking since the service history is only available on that particular car during the time the current owner has owned it. Nothing that was done to the car previously shows up on the current owner's account. I guess the current owner who is attempting to sell could do a screen grab to send you a potential buyer but that opens up all sorts of potential for fraud when Photoshop is readily available and so easy to use.

I don't see how a repair history is beneficial to a current owner considering the aforementioned time frame for which it would display.

To what end? So that Tesla can pedal a false sense of security to potential buyers much in the same respect that Carfax et al do?

I'm of a similar mindset that more information is always better than less information. However, the way that Carfax has gone about marketing this information (or most importantly, lack of any information) is appalling as it's convinced most potential buyers that a clean carfax is some sort of indication as to the actual vehicles history.

I should also point out that it wouldn't do much good along the lines of what you're thinking since the service history is only available on that particular car during the time the current owner has owned it. Nothing that was done to the car previously shows up on the current owner's account. I guess the current owner who is attempting to sell could do a screen grab to send you a potential buyer but that opens up all sorts of potential for fraud when Photoshop is readily available and so easy to use.

I don't see how a repair history is beneficial to a current owner considering the aforementioned time frame for which it would display.

That answered part of my question. It only shows for current owner. How about this: the black boxes in cars maintain info on accidents for life and the data is available to the company and owner.

Toyota wouldn't release coding info some years ago on a fatal accident where product liability was alleged. So like the odometer which in the US is a crime to mess with make other readings similarly protected

I hope not. That would be a privacy issue, since the name, address, email and phone number of the owner are on the invoices.

I agree but I certainly found his home, favorite restaurants and various other places in Nav (FYI I deleted or changed them).

I was just looking into the history of the car. My wife bought a used 199x's 535 and if we'd seen the service record, we'd never have gotten it and saved a ton of money - BUT - so fun to drive!

I agree but I certainly found his home, favorite restaurants and various other places in Nav (FYI I deleted or changed them).
When selling a Tesla, you should always do a factory reset. This not only deletes the personal information and things like the garage door opener code, but also gives the new owner a clean slate to start with.

I really hope things like service invoices and the original car purchase doduments that I can see in my account will not be visible to the next owner when I sell my car ...

My Service History isn't complete.
It, for example. doesn't include a warranty item fixed shortly after we got the car. I'm not sure it includes any warranty issues.

But its good to see, for such things as buying new tires or having the front and rear fascii replaced.

2018 Model 3 out of warranty is missing service history older than two years. Wife’s Model S still under warranty shows older appointments. App is current version and all filters in the service history have been cleared. Anyone with older Model 3 missing older service history in the app?