Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally % setting in App!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C76A4614-F306-4413-93C8-6F2FEF90D89D.png
I posted this in the 3 forum, but figured I’d throw it here as well!

Finally have a concrete target % selectable!

I don’t use the planned departure feature, as I don’t have a consistent schedule. Hopefully they will have app based setting, or calendar based suggestions in the future.

For now this is Huge!

Reactions: ARMARM
I'm on the same app version and mine does not display percentage it only shows the miles that you set it to.

View attachment 482846

You can change which way you want it to display, in vehicle settings in your vehicle, under the Display settings, seen as “Energy”. I like the % as they’ve given guidance to maximize the life of the battery pack, and recommended everyday charging to 80-90% and 100% only for long trips.

You can change which way you want it to display, in vehicle settings in your vehicle, under the Display settings, seen as “Energy”. I like the % as they’ve given guidance to maximize the life of the battery pack, and recommended everyday charging to 80-90% and 100% only for long trips.
I'm well aware of how to change the settings in the vehicle but one would think the app would have it's own ability to be set to percentage.

It doesn't make one bit of difference for battery life whether you have it set one way or another. Its only a visual guide for us to see how much we have left. I keep mine set to the first bar in the app on the battery aka 90%.

I'm well aware of how to change the settings in the vehicle but one would think the app would have it's own ability to be set to percentage.

It doesn't make one bit of difference for battery life whether you have it set one way or another. Its only a visual guide for us to see how much we have left. I keep mine set to the first bar in the app on the battery aka 90%.

I agree that you should be able to swap this in the app. I also think you should be able to set scheduled departure in the app, as I can’t imagine most people operate on a daily schedule that is exactly the same day in and day out.

Additionally, I know it doesn’t affect battery life how you have it set. I was just stating my preference of lining up %. To each their own, and obviously the line guides are helpful regardless.

Wasn’t implying anything other than my preference, and beyond that, just trying to be helpful in the event that you, similarly to twiglet, weren’t aware of the option to switch between the two.:)

Reactions: motocoder
I agree that you should be able to swap this in the app. I also think you should be able to set scheduled departure in the app, as I can’t imagine most people operate on a daily schedule that is exactly the same day in and day out.

Additionally, I know it doesn’t affect battery life how you have it set. I was just stating my preference of lining up %. To each their own, and obviously the line guides are helpful regardless.

Wasn’t implying anything other than my preference, and beyond that, just trying to be helpful in the event that you, similarly to twiglet, weren’t aware of the option to switch between the two.:)
I appreciate your help! :)