Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally! The new rear cupholders!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope mine will come with the cup holders. Funny how after all the tech and beauty of the Model S.... we're fretting over this. But hey.

My timeline...

Ordered: 8/22
Order confirmed: 8/27
VIN assigned: 8/27
Entered Production: 9/8
Completed Production: 9/10
ETA: 9/22

Did you order the Premium Upgrades Package?

I didn't realize that I did have the rear cupholder and USB ports. The guy at Tesla who gave me a run-through of my car said I didn't have them. It wasn't until I actually sat in the backseats did I realize this!

14355179_10210639010192589_8495557347221849343_n.jpg

Cruzed through Boston/Dedham lot (and back lot) today and noticed more than half the "Customer" tagged cars with wrap still on them also had the newer dual-USB rear ports that go flush down the back. I didn't know enough to check VINs/build dates.

Can someone coin the average VIN being built on 9/1/16? Would it be 160XXX?? Production dates aren't as readily available as VINs, even if more accurate.

First time post- I just literally picked up my new inventory 75D, and it has the USB and cupholders. A big thanks to this forum for the heads up on this shiny new feature- pretty sure I wouldn't have remotely thought to look for it. My VIN is 1571xx, and looking at the posted XLS, it went into production the around Sept 9th, and was completed around the 14th. Based on the other feedback to this thread- it looks like if your car was produced that 2nd week of Sept- you probably have the USB/cupholders.

Waiting for my delivery of S75D, in-transit. The rear cupholders/USB-ports - is that only installed with the premium upgrades option, or, standard feature on Model S? Looks like production completion date was 9/19.

For those who did not get the cupholders, another thing to feel a little bit better about... they deploy when you don't want them to. I keep items on the floor behind the seats (windshield sun screen, umbrella, etc), and often when I reach back to get those items, the cupholder gets bumped and deploys, frequently tangling up with whatever I'm reaching for.