Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally the ride I was hoping for!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my Y but the ride was too stiff and the wind noise too loud.
I checked many posting and decided to try a few things. RPM noise reduction kit and the roof noise reduction. Installed on doors, drunk and trunk. works great.
I bit the bullet and purchased 18 inch forged Martian Wheels with Nokian all weather tires. Had 21 induction wheels.
Big ride difference- better handling, longer range. I am very pleased. I’m good for now. Thought I would share

I checked many posting and decided to try a few things. RPM noise reduction kit and the roof noise reduction. Installed on doors, drunk and trunk. works great.
I bit the bullet and purchased 18 inch forged Martian Wheels with Nokian all weather tires. Had 21 induction wheels.
Big ride difference- better handling, longer range. I am very pleased. I’m good for now. Thought I would share

Do you have any experience with the stock 19" gemini wheels? If so, do you think there would be a noticeable ride improvement from the 19's to your 18" setup?

The Martian wheels weigh 10 pounds less for each wheel and supposedly will add range. Martian says the handling is better but if I had 19s I probably would not have made the change. Expensive but off set by my selling the 21s for a good price. I went for the 21s because of the look but living in the northeast wasn’t ideal fir the ride. I should have known better.

I second the RPM noise redux gasket kit for doors, frunk, trunk, not drunk. And gave the doors somewhat solid thud when closed shut.

Waiting for MPP coils now.

Do the MPP coils make a big difference? I debated these as well.
So far the feedback has been great, we are really pleased! We are getting these kits made at a good speed right now so it shouldn't be too long until we are able to keep some in stock. There are a few threads in the Model Y section of this forum that you can find reviews in!

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
The original PZero tires on the 21” rode and bounced uncontrollably badly and the low sidewall does increase road vibrations especially coming from the rear cargo area being amplified in the cabin.

For me, after the tire swap, MPP coils, and noise deadening in the rear under trunk area Ear pain/Pressure help
it’s a very comfortable ride now and similar to my Model 3 on 19”, though much sportier. Cabin noise is good on local rougher patches and on freeway. I prefer driving it compared to the Model 3 finally.

FWIW the new top-spec taycan turbo s cross turismo also runs on 265/35R21 in front (305/30R21 rear, less sidewall than the MY P rear)

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung

Any chance you can post some pics? Would like to see how they look on the Y.

Here are some photographs!

Attachments

• 92671F3A-EF75-4A4F-9E57-5C92B8B96BF6.jpeg
    92671F3A-EF75-4A4F-9E57-5C92B8B96BF6.jpeg
    845.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 83A01312-7959-44CE-A513-F6909C91B8DF.jpeg
    83A01312-7959-44CE-A513-F6909C91B8DF.jpeg
    788 KB · Views: 204
  • 526DEA0D-84C7-40BE-8F25-61B59659BE7D.jpeg
    526DEA0D-84C7-40BE-8F25-61B59659BE7D.jpeg
    615.8 KB · Views: 201