Well, I was able to take delivery of my 2020 Midnight Silver Performance 21" FSD on Saturday after arriving from my trip. Car is awesome, beautiful and off course FAST. Overall I have only positive things to say about the car itself. It did not have any evident issues (at first) but have since been resolved (more on that in a minute).
More to come.
- Im not going to go into the whole process to get the car paid off prior to delivery which was less than clear and efficient. The right hand did not seem to know what the left hand was doing. Essentially interacting with different people who allegedly knew what the other was doing but did not. We got it figured out and all was ready for the 14th.
- The delivery process leaves a lot to be desired on some fronts. I did arrive a little early so not everything was in place (mainly the phone app is tied to your appointment time and they had to change it in their system for it to recognize it as "my" car. No biggie. They resolved it by the time I was ready to go.
- No apparent issues with the car (paint, panel gaps etc....) I will need to look at it some more when the weather is better (it was grey yesterday and raining most of the day today) to make sure nothing was really off.
- Apparently the car came with no keys (supposed to come with 2) or they got lost. The SC only had one spare that they programmed to the car and noted that I am owed another key when they receive them. An annoyance but not the worst of things.
- Delivery "specialist" (not). This was the most disappointing thing of the experience. The person did not really know all the features of the car and and settings. Only the basics. I asked if the car had Sirius/XM (missed it on the menu) and she stated "no" the cars don't have that feature only streaming services. She did not know that there was a wireless charger for the phone (said only Model 3's) and I showed her that it indeed had it. She managed to explain the basics and that is about it. Any serious questions brought up and she had to go and get someone else to find out. All in All, a bit underwhelming for that level of car.
- Premium connectivity not working after living SC WIFI. Car and app showed that PC was active through 2021 but it would not stream/traffic/satellite. We turned around and went back to SC/Showroom. No immediate answer and she went back to ask a ex-service tech. Their solution was to reset multiple times that it was probably a bug etc... etc..... Someone had the same problem and they reset it etc... etc... Did not resolve. Figured Id send a service request to be done remotely but decided to sleep on it. Low and behold today it was working. Im sure it had to do with it initializing on some system after being connected and activated. No issues as of right now.
- A loose door interior panel. When my son got out of the car, heard a rattle. was not sure where it was coming from. Investigated and the whole interior door panel was off of its plastic connectors. I went around it tapping it in and heard and felt it "snap into place". No rattle now.
- Car is great. Aggressive Regen is very nice for me, rarely use the brake while driving. Obviously it is fast and I hope I dont get in trouble driving in the near future.
- The car is pretty big. Im coming from an Audi S5 Sportback which is not necessarily small but this is a MUCH tighter fit into my garage. Im still not used to the car dimensions but it does not like me parking in there and parking distance control will be very active.
- Suspension is nice and I can feel it adjusting to less than perfect roads. Does not rattle as much as my S5.
- Have not fully tested the FSD. Interested to see how it handles my drive to work tomorrow (more back roads than highways)
- Turning radius seems significantly larger than the Audi. Something to get used to.
- Auto Wipers not the greatest. It has been "misty" here and the delivery specialist stated that if it is misty and grey, it is not the best at detecting and activating. More testing to be done. (yes it is toggled on in settings)
- Car came with 17 miles on the odometer.
- I have yet to activate sentry mode etc... as it has been at home only.
- Gen 3 Charger works like a charm at home.
- App is great. Looking for best apple watch app.
- My kid decided to watch netflix in the car for an hour or two late last night (found him in the car at 2AM). That is, as of right now, the closest he will get to drive it (he is 16).
More to come.