Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance amount and down payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was approved for my loan although it’s for more than I intended. When filling out the credit app I put my down payment as the amount not including the deposit. Turns out you deduct the deposit amount from your down. Anyone know how long this will delay things by saying I want to borrow less? Am I best to call my ds person or finance directly? Thanks.

So I was approved for my loan although it’s for more than I intended. When filling out the credit app I put my down payment as the amount not including the deposit. Turns out you deduct the deposit amount from your down. Anyone know how long this will delay things by saying I want to borrow less? Am I best to call my ds person or finance directly? Thanks.
Hey, I had the same thing happen to me. But I went ahead and emailed [email protected] with all the corrections. I wanted to make a larger downpayment and they changed the details and resent me the calculations within 5 min.

Guys I have a question, hope someone can enlighten me. When will the BC rebate of $5000 be deducted. Should that be part of the downpayment or is it separate. I’m attaching a screen shot of what I received, and no where it talks about the BC rebate. I asked to put 15k down plus the 4200 I have already paid plus the 5k rebate. It’s hard to get answers from Tesla. I asked them multiple questions but they only replied to the first one on the email. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 5781D783-FE5D-4B1D-AEC2-443AD6A6C4D9.png
    5781D783-FE5D-4B1D-AEC2-443AD6A6C4D9.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 214
Guys I have a question, hope someone can enlighten me. When will the BC rebate of $5000 be deducted. Should that be part of the downpayment or is it separate. I’m attaching a screen shot of what I received, and no where it talks about the BC rebate. I asked to put 15k down plus the 4200 I have already paid plus the 5k rebate. It’s hard to get answers from Tesla. I asked them multiple questions but they only replied to the first one on the email. Thanks for your help.

Rebate has nothing to do with Tesla. You pay them, then get money from gov't later if you file the proper paperwork.

I got in touch with my ISA, Vancouver DA, and the Tesla Financing contact regarding whether the BC CEV rebate can be factored into our financing terms since the form does call it a "point of sale" rebate to be deducted off the final vehicle sale price. Here’s what my DA sent: “The CEV rebate will be deducted from the total price (after tax). It will be calculated similar as below”

33344849_10156271424926341_8584727648528236544_n-jpg.303388

Note that neither the ISA from Vegas nor the Tesla financing person were aware of this so you may want to ensure everyone is on the same page if you’re financing.

I was told by Tesla Finance that "you can assume that part of the amount due at signing, $5,000 will be paid via the BC CEV rebate." I haven't yet been given the exact amount due a signing, hopefully some of those taking early June deliveries can let us know how it factors in.

My ISA just told me I won't be getting my purchase agreement ahead of time.. Is that right?

My ISA said:
You should see the final amount due on your Tesla Account on Friday. You will be able to see your final purchase agreement at delivery. This will show you the breakdown. It won’t be available until Friday or Saturday but I won’t’ be here to send it to you.

My ISA just told me I won't be getting my purchase agreement ahead of time.. Is that right?
Don't worry about the final documents, you can still take delivery assuming you have the copy of your insurance and your certified cheque/bank draft ready (and the obvious stuff such as a valid drivers license).

I didn't get my docs until 10pm the day before my pickup. They also go over these docs with you before you take delivery.

Don't worry about the final documents, you can still take delivery assuming you have the copy of your insurance and your certified cheque/bank draft ready (and the obvious stuff such as a valid drivers license).

I didn't get my docs until 10pm the day before my pickup. They also go over these docs with you before you take delivery.

Only one problem with that...in order to get insurance and to cut a check, I need the bill of sale. I'm not a last minute kinda guy, I don't enjoy leaving this until the night before spending $80k. That's not a thing. Thursday is my day...still nothing.

Only one problem with that...in order to get insurance and to cut a check, I need the bill of sale. I'm not a last minute kinda guy, I don't enjoy leaving this until the night before spending $80k. That's not a thing. Thursday is my day...still nothing.

I'm in the same boat. Thursday 3pm, no invoice. I asked my insurance to do it off the order agreement, we'll see if they do. CSR today told me the contract ppl are very backed up, but that they'd have me everything before my appt lol...

Like you, I'm also not a last minute... So I called Tesla's 1-888 number (the one on the MyTesla account page with your VIN on it), was on hold for only 10 mins and a pleasant person on the other end emailed me a copy of the final paperwork and waited on the phone until I received it. Then they thanked me for my inquiry and hung up.

You may want to try that since you're also receiving the vehicle on Thursday (just like me).

came thru this morning around 11, had insurance by 11:20 lol. Everyone I talked to is really nice, just busy. I've been there. Funny enough cutting a check at the bank took 45 seconds all in. The guy looked at me funny...cause I had an amazed look on my face it was so fast. Woulda thought a bearded man in his work duds asking for that kinda coin would get a hassle!