TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Finance and Insurance

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Newk, Jul 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Newk

Newk Member

When I placed my order TM promised to have finance packages and insurance companies on side. Of-course this hasn't happened yet. Has anyone got any contacts for finance and insurance? I have info from the Wing Hang Bank at 2%.

Any leads would be most welcome.

2. sonywong

sonywong Member

For my car
    Finance: Hitachi Capital, interest rate similar to Wing Hang Bank

Insurance: Liberty, Around 9000 for my Sig with 60% NCD. You can find Liberty's quotation in this forum

3. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

Finance: Hitachi Capital (100% finance, 5 years, not sure this is open to anyone)

Insurance: Liberty, I am paying full dough as I don't have a HK record to boast (my first car in Hong Kong)

4. lx3h

lx3h Ex-Charged.hk Tesla Owners Representative

Can we start dealing with finance and insurance even when it is "sourcing parts for your Model S"?

5. Alipapa

Alipapa Member

It takes 3 days the max to get the financing done.

So there is no need to hurry.

6. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I have had both approved many months ago. For both, I just need to update when I know more precisely what the delivery date is. Looks like mid- or end September for me at this stage, with the latest rumours. The latest emails I have sent to multiple contacts in Tesla Motors, have so far all gone un-replied. I am sure they are busy, especially when the Signature event is only a WEEK away now.

7. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Not answering emails, even with a holding reply, is unacceptable.

8. Captain_Kong

Captain_Kong Member

9. philipyau78

philipyau78 Member

I have gotten an insurance quote and it said only named drivers are insured as tesla is not a "normal" car. And maximum number of named drivers is 3. Did any one have same terms?

10. Vmax

Vmax Member

Which insurance has such terms?
    Would mean no insurance for valet parking at hotels and restaurant. That would be quite bad.

11. sonywong

sonywong Member

12. philipyau78

philipyau78 Member

Can you pm me the contact of your insurance? Thanks

13. AppleFan

AppleFan Member

Will you be at the launch event tonight? My friend from Liberty will be there with me, so you can talk directly to him then.