TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Finance / Black Horse

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by TomD, Oct 30, 2019.

1. TomD

TomD Member

Can anyone tell me what I need to do before picking up my car.

I am buying the car on finance.

I am putting £8000 deposit down.

So far I have paid £2000 to Tesla as part of my reservation.

Do I need to pay the £6000 before I pick the car up and if so is that also to Tesla or do I need to pay Black Horse?

Buying a car online is confusing :eek:

2. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Pay it all to Tesla, black horse are only financing the balance

Tesla will need the full £8k before delivery day

3. TM3PTN

TM3PTN Member

You will get an invoice on your Tesla account. On the invoice you will have some bank details at the bottom and some instructions on what you need to do.
    If i remember correctly they advise transferring to the account and sort code on the invoice and quote your reservation number as the payment reference. The reservation/order number will help them to assign your payment to your account.

Then just take some evidence of the payment on the day, along with photo card driving license and proof of insurance.

I took these things but the chap didn't bother to look at any of it. The driving license he did. The insurance doc - his view was that if i didn't have it then that would be my fault anyway, and the payment proof - if there were any issues then I would have been chased for it (there is no getting away from it).

You will then complete some electronic paperwork on the day that basically sets up the financials.

Then you're good to go and be united with your beast :)

4. TomD

TomD Member

Thanks both!

5. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

8 k direct transfer of cash wow that's a lot of savings.

6. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Savings is what people have when they get older if they didn't spent it when they were younger o_O

• Funny x 1