TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Finance Options and Running the numbers

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Xenius, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Xenius

Xenius Member

So I'm hoping some of you Tesla obsessed will humor me here.

I want to know "all in" what the cost of a certain Model S would be. I'm a big numbers/finance guy so I'd like to have the entire picture as I inevitably sit and wait for the Model 3 :). Basically I want to operate like I'm saving to buy the S (a very specifically picked out version) and then give up and have either all or a HUGE down payment towards the 3.

So here's the details:
    Model S, 70D, Pano Roof, Blue Metallic, Subzero, Premium Interior, AutoPilot, Pano Roof, Piano Black Interior (no upcharge), Black Alcantara headliner, 19" Silver Cyclone.
    All in (including destination and document fee): 87,700
    State: PA (So 6% sales tax, I think, due right away I'd assume):
    Total: 92,962???

Are there other things I'm forgetting? I like to run worst case scenarios in these types of situations.
    So I'd likely assume entire thing, financed (obviously I'd put down as large a payment as made sense).

Also I know since there are banks out there doing secured financing for nutso terms like 72 months, this is likely somewhat reliable despite what Interest rates may do in the next few years?

Thanks all for humoring me.

2. lucy

lucy bluehair

Home charging installation
    Insurance
    Window tint, expel or other clear bra paint protection
    floor mats
    radar detector &/or speeding ticket budget reserve
    dash cam
    trunk monkey

3. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

Is there going to be a trade-in? I had to add that in when I got my Model S, which changed the numbers a bit.

4. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Referral credit?

5. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

Depending on the interest rate, you may be better off financing as much of the cost as possible, and using that cash in investments.

6. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Agreed.

7. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

Don't forget annual service, potentially prepaid. And if you'd want to do an extended warranty at some year.

Charger adapters, extension cords, sun shades, all-season floor mats, and center console insert?

I'm $7500 over budget on my P85D because of the Ludicrous upgrade. There could be other upgrades you want in the future?

8. Xenius

Xenius Member

Thanks for all the input, folks!