Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance options before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My first post - and perhaps a bit of an odd question.

I placed an order for M3SR on the 14th October and have my RN number. When I placed my order I applied for a Tesla leasing which went through fine and my account was showing the standard ‘drawing up your contract message…’

After thinking it through over the weekend I decided I’d rather finance through PCP as I’m putting down a heafty deposit from the trade in of an old car - which I’m selling privately.

So Tesla have helpfully reopened the financing part of my account after I emailed them yesterday.

My question is - do I need to apply for PCP right now, will it loose my place in the queue or do I just wait for the VIN and delivery date and then apply for the PCP.

Not sure if it’s crucial to do it right now, and I’m mindful of my credit score being battered a bit as I’ve just moved to a new mortgage provider!

Many thanks

You don’t have to complete the financing until closer to delivery. But I’ve heard that Tesla May prioritise those who’s accounts are delivery ready, when allocating VINs and delivery slots.
I changed from approved lease to HP but did it quickly. No issues in approval and they did state if there had been to contact them to discuss. If the monthly outlay remains similar (mine went up £80) they said it shouldn’t be an issue.