Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even brokers couldn’t get that rate. Maybe cause it was pre-owned
I know what I got and it was low 3’s. No luck involved either....but you do have to do a bit of work to find good rates.
I’ve done a load of commercial loans over the years, brokers have never achieved the rates I can by going direct to institutions where I have an existing relationship.

Are these loan-only rates everyone is posting?

I got a novated lease quote for SR+ $71k today @ $700 / fortnight, assuming $20K residual to pay after 5 years, 7.6% interest (rate seems high).

They had added $1800/year for insurance (I've seen $1400 quoted here) and $760/year for maintenance/tyres, but even after deducting all the tax savings, it still works out a lot cheaper ($4k / year) to just redraw the $$ from a home loan.

For me to lease it means paying the same total amount over 5 years as a cash purchase funded from a redraw, but having to hand back the car after 5 years (losing any resale value), or paying $20k to own it.

I can't see why anyone with access to a home-loan redraw would do a novated lease, although I guess that driving a similarly-priced fossil car would cost nearly that much extra in gas and fossil maintenance costs, which would make it more competitive against a home loan redraw to lease such cars.

Last edited:

I got a novated lease quote for SR+ $71k today @ $700 / fortnight, assuming $20K residual to pay after 5 years, 7.6% interest (rate seems high).

They had added $1800/year for insurance (I've seen $1400 quoted here) and $760/year for maintenance/tyres, but even after deducting all the tax savings, it still works out a lot cheaper ($4k / year) to just redraw the $$ from a home loan.

For me to lease it means paying the same total amount over 5 years as a cash purchase funded from a redraw, but having to hand back the car after 5 years (losing any resale value), or paying $20k to own it.

I can't see why anyone with access to a home-loan redraw would do a novated lease, although I guess that driving a similarly-priced fossil car would cost nearly that much extra in gas and fossil maintenance costs, which would make it more competitive against a home loan redraw to lease such cars.

You are going to pay $91,014 over 5 years and then still owe $20,000! That would have to be the worst deal I've read in a LONG time.

Home loan redraw makes sense only if you are disciplined enough to repay it in the same time period that you would have given a car loan eg: 5 years.

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Fixed 5Yrs with 30% Balloon at 4.29% which includes reduction of 0.7% for a Green Car.
A finance company doesn’t care if the car is green, it’s just a marketing technique. They certainly aren’t getting any incentive from government or some philanthropist.
They are happy to do the loan at 4.29%. The 0.7% is just a fake markup.
You can probably do better than 4.29%, and I wouldn’t like doing business with company that plays that kind of game.

Got any evidence of rates better than that?

I've tried banks, brokers and care dealer finance and no one seems to be able to beat that rate for a consumer loan.

Only a business asset loan is going to beat that.
You will get better rates if you have a relationship such as repeat regular business or other substantial business with the financier. I can’t supply the proof you want as its commercial in confidence. Timing is another important factor, as is their risk level assesment of the borrower.