Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rates are finally starting to affect house prices and amongst other factors,
Rates are definitely not affecting house prices. Yes the government is trying to keep the Ponzi scheme inflated, but the foundation (pun intended) has been set - big builders & developers finally going bankrupt with the huge unemployment domino effect, over a decade of faulty buildings collapsing thanks to deregulation because you the ignorant voter gobbled up the ‘free market is more efficient’ mantra, immigration concealing the per capita recession (3 quarters now), new housing starts & approvals way down, etc, etc, etc
I expect interest rates to hit zero & possibly negative interest rates plus quantitative easing to try to keep the housing bubble inflated, especially when the maelstrom of both local & international downturns combine in the next 6 or so months
Therefore, you might want a loan contract that can be easily refinanced
As for understanding interest rates better, I suggest following Martin North, Philip Soos, Lindsay David & Professor Steve Keen on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and nigwil
Rates are definitely not affecting house prices. Yes the government is trying to keep the Ponzi scheme inflated, but the foundation (pun intended) has been set - big builders & developers finally going bankrupt with the huge unemployment domino effect, over a decade of faulty buildings collapsing thanks to deregulation because you the ignorant voter gobbled up the ‘free market is more efficient’ mantra, immigration concealing the per capita recession (3 quarters now), new housing starts & approvals way down, etc, etc, etc
I expect interest rates to hit zero & possibly negative interest rates plus quantitative easing to try to keep the housing bubble inflated, especially when the maelstrom of both local & international downturns combine in the next 6 or so months
As for understanding interest rates better, I suggest following Martin North, Philip Soos, Lindsay David & Professor Steve Keen on Twitter

I don't doubt that. You are right. Let's hope the RBA is of the same thought as yourself. Given they are independent, I'd assume though.

Hey, good news for our rates.

I’m not even going to start to point out all the problems and errors with your rant as this is a tesla forum. Take your concerns to ihateliberalgovernmentclub.com and express them there

Reactions: raynewman
I will be truly surprised if rates drop again. Rates are finally starting to affect house prices and amongst other factors, I think this is the lowest rate we will get prior to us getting our Tesla's. 3.89 is an absolute steal - funny to think it's better than some people's residential mortgage rates, haha.

Question - has anybody done a chattel mortgage through Pepper? If so, did they allow PAYG income to be the main source of serviceability?

Cheers
3.89 is not a steal. My commercial loan now has a 2 in front, and hurtling toward 2.5. Banks are borrowing at under 1%, so at 3.89 they are doing very nicely.

Professor Keen who's been more wrong that right? The same Keen that thinks the sky has been falling for the last ten years and never gotten it right...I guess he gets it right if he always says prices are falling and eventually they do....
Yep, he underestimated a government’s willingness to inflate the bubble & kick the can down the road. But the chickens are finally coming home to roost
Even though he’s been getting it more right than most economists in the last 12 months or so, I look more at the substance of his argument rather than the crystal balling

Yep, he underestimated a government’s willingness to inflate the bubble & kick the can down the road. But the chickens are finally coming home to roost
Even though he’s been getting it more right than most economists in the last 12 months or so, I look more at the substance of his argument rather than the crystal balling

Oh yes and the sky is falling...watch out below!

Keen and is crew will be wrong, again, for another 5.5 - 6.5 years. Prices will start to recover over the next 12-18mths, as they already have shown signs of, and then really pick up pace around 2024-2026 with a major correction occurring in 2025-2026 (how major will depend on many factors)...point is prices are levelling now and will do a slow/steady increase for the foreseeable future, chickens coming home to roost or not....

Oh yes and the sky is falling...watch out below!

Keen and is crew will be wrong, again, for another 5.5 - 6.5 years. Prices will start to recover over the next 12-18mths, as they already have shown signs of, and then really pick up pace around 2024-2026 with a major correction occurring in 2025-2026 (how major will depend on many factors)...point is prices are levelling now and will do a slow/steady increase for the foreseeable future, chickens coming home to roost or not....
Signs of recovery? A whopping 2 months of flattening out - Shane Oliver’s label of ‘ScoMo effect’....FMD.
Nah, it’s just a dead cat bounce.

Signs of recovery? A whopping 2 months of flattening out - Shane Oliver’s label of ‘ScoMo effect’....FMD.
Nah, it’s just a dead cat bounce.

Let's just settle on we're both right until proven wrong which will happen in time....Keen is already wrong as he has he predicted 30%+ falls in the first 12 months (that hasn't happened).

Time will tell, time will tell....

Let's just settle on we're both right until proven wrong which will happen in time....Keen is already wrong as he has he predicted 30%+ falls in the first 12 months (that hasn't happened).

Time will tell, time will tell....
Are you referring to 30% in 2018?
https://www.smh.com.au/business/the...ces-would-fall-this-fast-20190131-p50uvw.html
And here’s 2019:
No surplus, no share market growth, no lift in wage growth. Economic survey points to bleaker times post-election