TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Finance Rates

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Nuclear Fusion, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Nuclear Fusion

Nuclear Fusion Active Member

Rates are definitely not affecting house prices. Yes the government is trying to keep the Ponzi scheme inflated, but the foundation (pun intended) has been set - big builders & developers finally going bankrupt with the huge unemployment domino effect, over a decade of faulty buildings collapsing thanks to deregulation because you the ignorant voter gobbled up the ‘free market is more efficient’ mantra, immigration concealing the per capita recession (3 quarters now), new housing starts & approvals way down, etc, etc, etc
    I expect interest rates to hit zero & possibly negative interest rates plus quantitative easing to try to keep the housing bubble inflated, especially when the maelstrom of both local & international downturns combine in the next 6 or so months
    Therefore, you might want a loan contract that can be easily refinanced
    As for understanding interest rates better, I suggest following Martin North, Philip Soos, Lindsay David & Professor Steve Keen on Twitter

• Informative x 2
  2. Zsik3115

Zsik3115 Member

I don't doubt that. You are right. Let's hope the RBA is of the same thought as yourself. Given they are independent, I'd assume though.

Hey, good news for our rates.

3. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Professor Keen who's been more wrong that right? The same Keen that thinks the sky has been falling for the last ten years and never gotten it right...I guess he gets it right if he always says prices are falling and eventually they do....

4. paulp

paulp Active Member

I’m not even going to start to point out all the problems and errors with your rant as this is a tesla forum. Take your concerns to ihateliberalgovernmentclub.com and express them there

• Like x 1
  5. paulp

paulp Active Member

The actions of the RBA do not determine the rates macquarie use for car finance. Its all international funding, and Macquarie are sourcing those funds for just under 1%.

6. paulp

paulp Active Member

3.89 is not a steal. My commercial loan now has a 2 in front, and hurtling toward 2.5. Banks are borrowing at under 1%, so at 3.89 they are doing very nicely.

7. PJF000

PJF000 Member

Sorry, but really??

8. Nuclear Fusion

Yep, he underestimated a government’s willingness to inflate the bubble & kick the can down the road. But the chickens are finally coming home to roost
    Even though he’s been getting it more right than most economists in the last 12 months or so, I look more at the substance of his argument rather than the crystal balling

9. Nuclear Fusion

Martin North was one of the first to call the house price falls, ahead of its beginning in 2017.
    The household data he obtains is very detailed

• Disagree x 1
  10. Nuclear Fusion

Well I do have a problem with a party full of the scientifically illiterate, but Labor aren’t much chop either & Paul Keating was a big proponent of deregulation

11. PJF000

PJF000 Member

A stopped clock is correct twice a day.
    If you really like Martin North, you will just love Harry Dent. Home

12. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Oh yes and the sky is falling...watch out below!

Keen and is crew will be wrong, again, for another 5.5 - 6.5 years. Prices will start to recover over the next 12-18mths, as they already have shown signs of, and then really pick up pace around 2024-2026 with a major correction occurring in 2025-2026 (how major will depend on many factors)...point is prices are levelling now and will do a slow/steady increase for the foreseeable future, chickens coming home to roost or not....

13. Nuclear Fusion

Actually Harry Dent lacks a fair amount of facts & research behind his thesis
    It’s really a false equivalence

14. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

H
    HAHAHAH, too right ;)

15. Nuclear Fusion

Signs of recovery? A whopping 2 months of flattening out - Shane Oliver’s label of ‘ScoMo effect’....FMD.
    Nah, it’s just a dead cat bounce.

16. PJF000

PJF000 Member

But, But! Harry and Martin are best buddies and feed off each other -

17. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Let's just settle on we're both right until proven wrong which will happen in time....Keen is already wrong as he has he predicted 30%+ falls in the first 12 months (that hasn't happened).

Time will tell, time will tell....

18. Nuclear Fusion

I’m sorry if you can’t pick the profound difference between Harry Dent & Martin North
    I would say Harry Dent is more like John Adams

19. Nuclear Fusion

Are you referring to 30% in 2018?
    https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/a-year-on-few-predicted-house-prices-would-fall-this-fast-20190131-p50uvw.html
    And here’s 2019:
    No surplus, no share market growth, no lift in wage growth. Economic survey points to bleaker times post-election

20. youmi

youmi Member

Once you gave Peppers your documentation, how long did the process take?