Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financial problem still not resolved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as much as I didn’t want to have to write this, I just don’t know what else to do. I took delivery of my car on 11/2 and when I took delivery I had a pre- approval loan check I had to fill out with all the information as far as how much I pay. Well when Tesla delivery at Mount Kisco, NY did the math they happened to calculate the negative balance into my loan amount for which I should write on the check and as I was in the heat of the moment the math looked correct and I had mentioned it before I filled out the check that my bank did the trade in process differently. So I filled out the check for the amount that was on the sheet and it happened to be wrong. I noticed it the next day after thinking clearly. So I call Tesla and tell them all about it and have been calling everyday since asking about my check and luckily they have not cashed it. So bother my bank and Tesla know about this problem. The problem I am having is that nothing is happening, even with me talking to the management, with either getting me my check back for me to get a new one or for me to get it back to change the number or talking to my bank and figuring this out. So where do I go from here? or who do I talk to since management isn’t doing anything? Is there anyone that can push this issue before my pre approved check expires at the end of this month?

On your Tesla account page, click the "Ask a Question" link. On that page fill out the form, and select the "Escalate this concern for executive review" box. However, I will, in the grand scheme of things it's only been a week and half, knowing Tesla they will cash the check you wrote and refund you the difference.

That will suck, as it means the OP will then be stuck with the loan in the wrong amount. If I read the post correctly, the check involved was actually the check for the financed portion of the car, not the down payment.

I have been in communication with Tesla the whole time and as far as they have told me they will not cash the check and also my bank is important not to cash the check