Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financially stretching - what were your life trade-offs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You also should consider how incredibly safe the car is - which is priceless. If you have a family it is even more important. Tesla is also the only car that gets OTA updates that can make adjustments to the car in short time frames. Tesla doesn't wait until they are forced into doing recalls to do fixes (GM). Read up on the person that drove into a cement wall at 110 mph and walked away.
Tesla Reveals Details on Last Years Fiery Model S Wreck in Mexico

Last edited:
Just a tangential note to the OP. I "plunked down" cash but NOT without a second thought. My guess is that most folks who just plunked down cash also had second thoughts. I've been a believer in EV's and Tesla for a long time. I still had second thoughts since my '07 Prius (the most expensive car I ever bought) was still running beautifully. The promise of Gen 3 affordability was important to me. Tesla is committed to bringing affordable, practical EV's to everyone. Just wanted you to be aware that even as a true believer, and someone who is "fortunate" enough there were still second thoughts about spending that much on a car.
Having said that: It sounds to me as if you're about to place your order. My advice is if and when you DO order, let the second guessing go and enjoy the car 100%. It's a marvel.