TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Financing and insurance in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by DITB, Sep 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Optic

Optic Member

For MS the Liberty was cheaper for me as well. For MX, i believe prudential was cheaper. But for inventory cars, we get a ~$10k rebate for using AXA.

2. GilbertLau

GilbertLau New Member

Beware that if your car has a market price of 2m while you only insured 1m (50%). All claims made will be subjected to a 50% discounted amount. i.e. If you total lost your car or being stolen, they will only pay you 50% of the market price (second hand market price). If you were involved in an accident and say it takes 500k to repair, they will only pay you 250k.

3. danielwai

danielwai Member

That's pretty fair, you got what you paid for.

4. Optic

Optic Member

Doesn't make sense, not getting reimbursed the full taxed amount for a totalled car is understandable. But if repair cost is less than your insured price, they should pay that amount and not a 50% off. I don't think repairs are taxed.

5. Mooncake

Mooncake New Member

AXA rumoured to raise 2018 InsureMyTesla renewal premium by 50% to 100%. Can anyone verify?

6. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

I suggest you try Prudential or Liberty. There have been quite a few reports of AXA raising premiums unrealistically.

7. hkskywalker

hkskywalker Member

Yes. I have just got my quotation from AXA. With no claim last year, but AXA increased annual premium by more than 200% for my Tesla Model X 75D for no reasons. Now the premium is more than HK$20 k per year. Czray. Will never do any business with AXA anymore. It shows AXA has no respect for its customers.

Can someone give the contact for Cindy from Prudential or someone from Liberty? Thanks a lot!

8. Jswlim

Jswlim Member

Just got my renewal from AXA and its over 200% up, even with NCD. I had to double check with them that it wasn’t a mistake.
    Appreciate if anyone has contact at Liberty or other insurers as well.

9. Matt_S75D

Matt_S75D Member

I have the same from AXA, it is nearly 300%, 4xxxx, never buy from them, any email me the contact of your new insurance booker

10. lucky flower

lucky flower New Member

AXA is quoting a 200%+ increase from last year with higher excess. They said they are doing this to all Tesla policies. There's an option to decrease the premium by 10% if the excess is further increased by $20k. Looking for recommendations here for alternate insurers, so any help would be appreciated!

11. ngc1997

ngc1997 Member

Yes, AXA raised their price this year, not worthwhile to stick with it anymore. I compared Liberty, Prudential and Zurich. Zurich is cheapest and the excess is reasonable. I managed to find an agent whose price is a lot cheaper than market price (Around 10-15% after comparing different quotes), if interested please pm me.

12. MyEv

MyEv New Member

Hi there. Would be interested to get
    The agent contact. Please
    Advise.

13. Vivalaviv

Vivalaviv New Member

My insurance quote for 2018 for Model X 75D is increased by 5 times to almost $100k (!!!) though I have a claim of 50k in the year when a reckless driver cut the lane in front of me in a prohibited area but is being disputed.

But the quote is just too ridiculous! I need to renew my scheme by 16Mar so anyone with referral for other underwriter kindly please help.

14. ngc1997

ngc1997 Member

Bad news - My Agent told me Zurich reviewed their insurance plan and jet up the price since this week. The premium almost doubled.
    It seems only prudential has not raise their price yet, but may soon to come. She suggested we renew asap even it has not expire yet.

15. Maxmillion

Maxmillion New Member

Axa increased my 3rd year premium by 600%. I moved to new insurance...unacceptable.

16. Maxmillion

Maxmillion New Member

I faced the same situ. moved insurance.

17. Vivalaviv

Vivalaviv New Member

Which insurance company did you change to? Can you pass on a contact? Thanks for your help!

18. Vivalaviv

Vivalaviv New Member

Can you kindly pass me contact for Prudential?

19. whitebear

whitebear Member

Yet another year with steep rise in insurance premium..... I have reached out to Prudential and waiting for their quote. Anyone can help me with how to contact Liberty? Just call 2892-3823??

20. whitebear

whitebear Member

from 2015, I hope it's still working