Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing and insurance in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Liberty has a 8000+ excess. Is this reasonable?

I have no idea and I don't know how the difference can be so great. Quotes varies so much for my case, but not so much for others who has NCB. My thinking is, maybe DirectAsia is still new in HK, so need new customers, therefore a lower price for 0% NCB to attract them, while keeping a competitive pricing for those with NCB.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. My parents just ordered a Model S for me about a month ago. But I'm 19 and just got my license. Is it possible to get insurance? I worry that if I can't find an insurance, I'd have to give up the order. Please help

p.s. both my parents don't have license

Hi, I'm new to this forum. My parents just ordered a Model S for me about a month ago. But I'm 19 and just got my license. Is it possible to get insurance? I worry that if I can't find an insurance, I'd have to give up the order. Please help

p.s. both my parents don't have license

If you are of legal age, you can get insurance, just need to pa more because you have no NCB like me. I went for DirectAsia because they gave me an excellent package and price, you may wanna check out their website and do an online quote.

some update on Financing the car.

Compare Personal Instalment Loans | MoneyHero

here is what I got for the 70D
Save $37488 on Standard Charter bank

Tesla
2015-04-09 70D monthy payment.jpg

other banks
2015-04-09_154416.jpg

2015-04-09_154432.jpg

1.18% is NOT APR, the actual APR is 2.82% for HP or 1.49%, actual APR 2.89% for leasing, still the lowest amoungst most banks. I just accepted yesterday for leasing by ORIX because of the buy back offer.

Yes, Lease with Orix also need to pay 6 months upfront. Say your tesla is 1,000,000, you will need to pay 6 months upfront, assume 18,000 a month, actual loan amount is 1,000,000 - 6 x 18,000 = 868,000. And the so called flat rate 1.18%. It still consider the load amount is 1,000,000. And total interested is 1,000,000 x 1.18% x 5. Because they use the init. loan amount to count everything. It is just a marketing trick. If it's 1.18% I will borrow 100Billion from them and then loan it to someone else. :D

Guys looking for a bit of advice, Tesla lands August and now I'm processing the option of Financing through Orix, as I never need finance I have no idea what I'm doing. Have any of you guys bought your car on Loan through your companies and which option do you think is smartest? Lease or Hire Purchase? I had initially considered to buy outright the car but with the loan being so low it makes sense to take the loan option.
I'm just confused as to what option is best for company expenses? as I know the whole car bought with cash outright can get 100% corporate deduction within 1 year, but does having H/P or Lease mean you lose these company benefits? What did you guys all go for in the end because I was gonna HP but now I'm tempted to Lease, just as long as there's still tax savings attached to all options I'm open to suggestions! smile emoticon

Of course, if you have couple of billions, then it doesn't matters. Otherwise, the APR is ~2.8% which is making pretty good sense to borrow 1M @ 2.8% APR and just go to buy HK electric or CLP to hedge fund your electricity use. :D Pretty sure the dividends from them more than the interest you need to pay to ORIX plus the general appreciation of securities.

0006.jpg

Last edited: