Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing and insurance in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For insurance, I highly recommend Cindy from Prudential ([email protected]). I got quotations from Liberty, DirectAsia.com, AXA, and Prudential (Cindy) and Cindy's quote was the cheapest and had better comprehensive coverage. Cindy is part of the "Tesla community" and is super responsive and helpful. I also ended up getting $10M public liability insurance for the charger at my private car park stall - again, she was the cheapest, had the coverage I needed and was super responsive and helpful. She has helped many other Telsa owners get the best deal on insurance. I have no relation with Cindy apart from being a happy customer.

In order to take advantage of the Tesla Resale Value Guarantee, I am doing a Hire Purchase from ORIX. I'm financing 60% which is the minimum for 3 years. That should minimize interest costs.

So lucky and agree that i selected Cindy from Prudential ([email protected]) to insured my P85D! She is amazingly helpful and taught me thru so much things. Highly recommended :)

I got the quotation from AXA, Asia Insurance, and third party companies and non of them had better coverages plus cheapest charge! I am only one of her customer with NO RELATIONSHIP, I am a end-user only.

For insurance, I highly recommend Cindy from Prudential ([email protected]). I got quotations from Liberty, DirectAsia.com, AXA, and Prudential (Cindy) and Cindy's quote was the cheapest and had better comprehensive coverage. Cindy is part of the "Tesla community" and is super responsive and helpful. I also ended up getting $10M public liability insurance for the charger at my private car park stall - again, she was the cheapest, had the coverage I needed and was super responsive and helpful. She has helped many other Telsa owners get the best deal on insurance. I have no relation with Cindy apart from being a happy customer.

In order to take advantage of the Tesla Resale Value Guarantee, I am doing a Hire Purchase from ORIX. I'm financing 60% which is the minimum for 3 years. That should minimize interest costs.

A Big thank you to memeber "derektom". As i randomly surf around the forum here and somehow read the insurance regarding Cindy from Prudential. I have been buying the same insurance company Vertex for over 15 years as well i quoted with others mention above and CINDY's quote was seriously the cheapest and better coverage! Plus she knows alot of Tesla infos.....I am not a friend of her nor an advertise here. But now i am her friend and glad she teached me much about Tesla.

Thx alot~

I need to Thank "derektom" who recommend Cindy!

I have been using the same insurance company over 15 years and i checked with other companies but ends up i choose Cindy from Prudential not just she offered me the best price as well of coverage. She personally knows alot of stuffs about Tesla! Very helpful of her!

Highly recommend......

I have been using the same insurance company over 15 years and i checked with other companies but ends up i choose Cindy from Prudential not just she offered me the best price as well of coverage. She personally knows alot of stuffs about Tesla! Very helpful of her!

Highly recommend......

Because she is a Model S owner too

Highly recommend......

Thanks to "derektom" and "jfc" who recommended Cindy. Also have to thank the forum because I found this information here.
Not only was she been professional and responsive in delivering her duties she also understands the needs of a Model S owner and often goes an extra mile for her client.
I took the recommendation and there is nothing but the truth in it.
Another happy customer here.

Hi all,

I tried using Cindy for my 70D but the quote I got was not as good and had much higher excesses so I am using Kwiksure. Here's a comparison - this is for my 700k 70D 60%NCB:

Cindy Prudential
premium 6.5k, general excess 7.5k, free windscreen cover of 20k

Rachel Kwiksure
premium under 6k, excess 6.5k, free windscreen cover of 20k, extra 2 named drivers

Rachel's number is 2588 0113 or [email protected]. Tell her you saw this on the forum, she's v helpful and highly recommended as I use her to insure my other cars too.

I did not realize the insuremytesla program by AXA is new. I had a look at it and it looks good, especially if you sign up for the 3 year program there is a discount. Also another discount if you have another vehicle insured with AXA. I have signed up for it for my MS to be delivered in November.

I did not realize the insuremytesla program by AXA is new. I had a look at it and it looks good, especially if you sign up for the 3 year program there is a discount. Also another discount if you have another vehicle insured with AXA. I have signed up for it for my MS to be delivered in November.

Clause 9.2.1.1 on page 12 outlines conditions for a loaner vehicle from Tesla (or equivalent) due to an insured accident.

Hi all, I'm starting to look for insurance options for my upcoming Model X. I was quoted from 8k to all the way to 16k per year from various insurance brokers/companies. Any upcoming Model X owners start quoting for insurance? Wondering what kind of quotes everyone else is getting. 60% NCB, 5+ years driving experience.

Hi all, I'm starting to look for insurance options for my upcoming Model X. I was quoted from 8k to all the way to 16k per year from various insurance brokers/companies. Any upcoming Model X owners start quoting for insurance? Wondering what kind of quotes everyone else is getting. 60% NCB, 5+ years driving experience.

Which insurance companies cover Tesla? So far I have only check AXA and it seems quite expensive.

Any recommendations welcome. Thanks.

My MS is insured with Liberty. They have an "alliance" / partnership with Tesla in HK. Not sure this is still the case.

I recalled my MS' premium was around HK$9k for a P85+ a couple years back. In fact, I also switched my other cars insurance coverage to Liberty also subsequently. In every situation (Tesla or not), Liberty quotes a lower premium than others.

I think this is due to the fact that I'm dealing with Liberty direct and there is no agent or broker (which will take a cut / commission).

Disclaimer: I don't work for Liberty and I do encourage you to compare quotes from different insurers in the first instance.

I have a 60D that I'll take delivery of just after CNY. It is my first car in HK so I won't benefit from the NCD meaning that AXA may be my only option. Prudential isn't competitive without the NCD but I'm hoping Liberty will have a decent offer.

Has everyone found Orix to be the most competitive for financing? I am financing primarily to take advantage of the RVG since there is a high likelihood I leave HK after 3 years.