Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing and insurance in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beware that if your car has a market price of 2m while you only insured 1m (50%). All claims made will be subjected to a 50% discounted amount. i.e. If you total lost your car or being stolen, they will only pay you 50% of the market price (second hand market price). If you were involved in an accident and say it takes 500k to repair, they will only pay you 250k.

Beware that if your car has a market price of 2m while you only insured 1m (50%). All claims made will be subjected to a 50% discounted amount. i.e. If you total lost your car or being stolen, they will only pay you 50% of the market price (second hand market price). If you were involved in an accident and say it takes 500k to repair, they will only pay you 250k.

That's pretty fair, you got what you paid for.

Doesn't make sense, not getting reimbursed the full taxed amount for a totalled car is understandable. But if repair cost is less than your insured price, they should pay that amount and not a 50% off. I don't think repairs are taxed.

AXA rumoured to raise 2018 InsureMyTesla renewal premium by 50% to 100%. Can anyone verify?
Yes. I have just got my quotation from AXA. With no claim last year, but AXA increased annual premium by more than 200% for my Tesla Model X 75D for no reasons. Now the premium is more than HK$20 k per year. Czray. Will never do any business with AXA anymore. It shows AXA has no respect for its customers.

Can someone give the contact for Cindy from Prudential or someone from Liberty? Thanks a lot!

Yes. I have just got my quotation from AXA. With no claim last year, but AXA increased annual premium by more than 200% for my Tesla Model X 75D for no reasons. Now the premium is more than HK$20 k per year. Czray. Will never do any business with AXA anymore. It shows AXA has no respect for its customers.

Can someone give the contact for Cindy from Prudential or someone from Liberty? Thanks a lot!

I have the same from AXA, it is nearly 300%, 4xxxx, never buy from them, any email me the contact of your new insurance booker

AXA is quoting a 200%+ increase from last year with higher excess. They said they are doing this to all Tesla policies. There's an option to decrease the premium by 10% if the excess is further increased by $20k. Looking for recommendations here for alternate insurers, so any help would be appreciated!

Yes, AXA raised their price this year, not worthwhile to stick with it anymore. I compared Liberty, Prudential and Zurich. Zurich is cheapest and the excess is reasonable. I managed to find an agent whose price is a lot cheaper than market price (Around 10-15% after comparing different quotes), if interested please pm me.

Yes, AXA raised their price this year, not worthwhile to stick with it anymore. I compared Liberty, Prudential and Zurich. Zurich is cheapest and the excess is reasonable. I managed to find an agent whose price is a lot cheaper than market price (Around 10-15% after comparing different quotes), if interested please pm me.
Hi there. Would be interested to get
The agent contact. Please
Advise.

My insurance quote for 2018 for Model X 75D is increased by 5 times to almost $100k (!!!) though I have a claim of 50k in the year when a reckless driver cut the lane in front of me in a prohibited area but is being disputed.

But the quote is just too ridiculous! I need to renew my scheme by 16Mar so anyone with referral for other underwriter kindly please help.

Bad news - My Agent told me Zurich reviewed their insurance plan and jet up the price since this week. The premium almost doubled.
It seems only prudential has not raise their price yet, but may soon to come. She suggested we renew asap even it has not expire yet.

My insurance quote for 2018 for Model X 75D is increased by 5 times to almost $100k (!!!) though I have a claim of 50k in the year when a reckless driver cut the lane in front of me in a prohibited area but is being disputed.

But the quote is just too ridiculous! I need to renew my scheme by 16Mar so anyone with referral for other underwriter kindly please help.
I faced the same situ. moved insurance.